Whistler downhill- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Whistler downhill

is the downhill really that amazing? is it worth the trip up from vancouver?
    i'm not an expert, but very intrigued about going up that way.

mtbr member
    Yes! There is riding for all abilities and you will have a great time. It's not all huge drops and jumps. There are easier trails with good flow that a non "expert" can enjoy.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    i'm am definitely looking into going up there during the summer. i'm not crazy about driving up to whistler because oddly enough, i get panicky when driving my car close to cliffs. is the drive up there close to cliffs? i guess a bus is always an option.

ups and downs
    Only a lot of close cliffs between Horseshoe Bay and Furry Creek if you stay in the curb lane, then it opens up. If it's a psych out, then wear your bike body armour for the drive up. On the way back, it's only the concrete barrier and endless drop into the water you have to worry about.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    Only a lot of close cliffs between Horseshoe Bay and Furry Creek if you stay in the curb lane, then it opens up. If it's a psych out, then wear your bike body armour for the drive up. On the way back, it's only the concrete barrier and endless drop into the water you have to worry about.
    i'll be taking the bus.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    This has got to be a troll. Unless you really suck at searching for information
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

"Its All Good"
    Seriously, when I hear someone asking if Whistler is worth it. The first thought that comes to mind is "does a ducks hardon drag weed"

Seriously, put it this way, I have travelled from New Zealand and Spain to ride Whistler!

It is so so so so so worth while...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Members who have read this thread: 0