Whistler DH Bike Rentals/Demos Questions- Mtbr.com
    Professional MTBR Member
    Sep 2017

Whistler DH Bike Rentals/Demos Questions

I will have the opportunity to ride Whistler Bike Park for a day or two around May/June.

I see the bike park has both a rental fleet (2018 consists of GT Furys) as well as a demo fleet with V10s, Devinci Wilsons, etc. Generally speaking, what's the condition of these rental/demo bikes? Do they sell off their fleet each year and get new ones for the new season? What are the component specs? How are the brakes and tires?

The convenience of renting in the park is appealing, though I'm also open to renting from a local shop. I've had great and mediocre demo experiences locally here in Socal. I'd imagine a place like Whistler would put forth effort to be in the former group, but I wanted to confirm here first.

Also considering bringing my own bars and grips for familiarity, and do a quick parking lot swapout.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    That rental fleet is new each year. The components spec on the GT's has two options, one that's pretty well top of the line and the other is like rockshox domain, kage, guide rs brakes. The demo fleet is pretty high spec on all of them. The condition is usually pretty good, they get ridden hard but get lots maintenance. You're also coming early season so that's a plus.

There's a bunch of other shops that rent too, nearly every major brand is covered.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'm taking the wife and son(7) up in September. Are the demo fleets trashed by then? Also, from the searching I've done the best price is the mountains demo fleet. Am I missing a better option? Are there any package deals to keep an eye out for?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I'm taking the wife and son(7) up in September. Are the demo fleets trashed by then? Also, from the searching I've done the best price is the mountains demo fleet. Am I missing a better option? Are there any package deals to keep an eye out for?
    The bikes will be fine, just not brand new obviously. Only 'package deal' I can think of is if you booked one of the lesson programs they are usually 3 for 2, so 3 days of lesson/lift pass/rental gear for the price of 2, if you do the math probably the cheapest way to get up the park for 3 days

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    That jives with what I have found. Now Iím waiting for the resort to release the new pricing.