Whistler Creekside Rumours?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Whistler Creekside Rumours?

Hi all,

After my trip there this year i heard that the majority of the new trail investment will be going into Creekside, with supposedly a jump trail slated for next year?

Can anyone shed any information on this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by onawave View Post
    Hi all,

After my trip there this year i heard that the majority of the new trail investment will be going into Creekside, with supposedly a jump trail slated for next year?

Can anyone shed any information on this?
    Haven't heard anything official, but continuing the focus on building out Creekside makes the most sense.

I can't see the point in trying to expand (note I didn't say maintain or improve) any thing in Fitzsimmons since it's already pretty saturated and limited by lift capacity. It would be nice to see some new trails in Garbo to eliminate a few of the sections that dump you on crappy gravel service roads.

Even on the busiest days, Creekside has virtually no lift line, so expanding there will draw some crowds away from Fitzsimmons and expand the overall capacity of the mountain while make the experience better for what is already there (i.e. shorter lift lines).

The main drawbacks of Creekside are that the lifts close earlier and the crappy gravel road access to get from the Creekside Gondola down to the start of the trails. The new double black trail (already forgot the name) that cuts most of that out road out was a welcome addition, but ideally they'd put in a blue option as well.
    No dig no whine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by twd953 View Post
    Haven't heard anything official, but continuing the focus on building out Creekside makes the most sense.

I can't see the point in trying to expand (note I didn't say maintain or improve) any thing in Fitzsimmons since it's already pretty saturated and limited by lift capacity. It would be nice to see some new trails in Garbo to eliminate a few of the sections that dump you on crappy gravel service roads.

Even on the busiest days, Creekside has virtually no lift line, so expanding there will draw some crowds away from Fitzsimmons and expand the overall capacity of the mountain while make the experience better for what is already there (i.e. shorter lift lines).

The main drawbacks of Creekside are that the lifts close earlier and the crappy gravel road access to get from the Creekside Gondola down to the start of the trails. The new double black trail (already forgot the name) that cuts most of that out road out was a welcome addition, but ideally they'd put in a blue option as well.
    yeah all of what you said makes sense. we were over there during crankworx. which was awesome - but frikken nutz on lift lines.

i just hope they put a jump trail in over there, plus more expansion. its just a pity none of this information is readily available. like even basic future plan for the mountain - as it would make planning and booking another trip that much easier.

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    There are for sure more new trails going in Creekside. Some of the builders (can't remember if it's Gravity Logic, Joyride or WBP crew) posted some pictures of beauty looking berm flow stuff (short/steep berms like Midgaard) a few weeks ago. Also they are building the 1199 DH track and will hopefully have World Cup DH races in a few years there.

I'd guess either adding more jumps to the existing blue flow trails is next or a black A-Line style jump. I'm just guessing here but I wonder if part of why they are holding off on jumps in Creekside is it pretty much guarantees more crashes and requires more patrol resources.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    There are for sure more new trails going in Creekside. Some of the builders (can't remember if it's Gravity Logic, Joyride or WBP crew) posted some pictures of beauty looking berm flow stuff (short/steep berms like Midgaard) a few weeks ago. Also they are building the 1199 DH track and will hopefully have World Cup DH races in a few years there.

I'd guess either adding more jumps to the existing blue flow trails is next or a black A-Line style jump. I'm just guessing here but I wonder if part of why they are holding off on jumps in Creekside is it pretty much guarantees more crashes and requires more patrol resources.
    Apologies for my lack of knowledge. What's the 1199 DH track? A new downhill track for creekside or are they upgrading/building a new one completely amongst the existing trails?