Where to ride in Jasper?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Where to ride in Jasper?

Hey,

Some of us are heading up for one day's riding in Jasper. We're going to do the Valley of the Five Lakes, but after that ????

Any suggestions on where to ride? Most of us are on XC rigs, two of us on hardtail 29ers.

TIA!

mtbr member
    I just got back and would reccomend Overlander. Easy to find and an amazing XC ride.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    May 2006
    So many options so little time. Make sure you do the Wabasso extention on the Valley trail. My personal fave.
    Head to the local shops for free maps and trail advice.

mtbr member
    We're heading out Sunday. Will google Wabasso and Overlander. Only have the one day, so maybe these three rides will fill out the day? I'll find out.

Thanks for the advice!

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    Doubt you could do these all in one day, possible but probably too much. My vote would be Valley of the 5 Lakes with Wabasso extension too. Rode it both directions late last month, great trail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PVR
    Doubt you could do these all in one day, possible but probably too much. My vote would be Valley of the 5 Lakes with Wabasso extension too. Rode it both directions late last month, great trail.
    That's excactly what we did. 40km from Old Pointe, down to the Highway 93 parking lot, and back again. Saw a grizzy when we almost got back to Old Pointe, running down the trail away from us. The guys figured he was about 2-3 years old.

Had a great day weather wise yesterday, the trails were awesome, and we only lost 45 minutes of downtime due to one rider's three separate mechanicals.

Second best ride of the year for me, with first going to the 24 Hours in Canmore course.

mtbr member
    Yup, that was a great run - I would say that the Wabasso extension is a definite must for anyone considering that trail. All together, there was a good mix of everything - roots. rocks, climbs, descents, flowing ST and a few good places to fill up your pack/bottles with fresh creek water. I will definitely be doing that again!
    If you want all the comforts of home, stay there.

Rides, Reviews, Races and Random Thoughts

mtbr member
    pics please!!!!
    If you want all the comforts of home, stay there.

Rides, Reviews, Races and Random Thoughts

mtbr member
    I'll get on it tonight. Trying to figure out how to resize from 2MB pics to something more manageable. Tonight, promise!

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    Here's some I posted on the other Jasper thread taken at the end of July. Wabasso, Fryatt Valley and the Saturday Night Lake Loop.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...2&postcount=25

mtbr member
    Can't get the damn pictures to resize! Hopefully this works! Let me know if it doesn't.

edit: I'll work on this tonight. I'm a newb. F it. I'll work on this tomorrow am.

edit: still can't get the thing to work. Link to album.

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Five%20Lakes/
    Last edited by jkirkpatri; 08-19-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0