What do you guys think of these?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

What do you guys think of these?

Anyone ever actually used a set of these

https://www.ktrakcycle.com/index.html

Seen a few videos of them they seem kinda cool for winter. Also anyone who has used these what are ski hills thoughts on these can you just show up with a set of these and a lift ticket and hope to ride it down?

Anyways they seem kinda cool just thought I'd ask around before picking up a set myself

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Looks like it could be fun and good training but I know for a fact that you would not be allowed up the lifts here in whistler during the winter. I know some resorts allow ski bikes on the lifts (Telluride does for sure) but this I don't know... I wouldn't want to be skiing with one of these nearby that's for sure!

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_chick
    Looks like it could be fun and good training but I know for a fact that you would not be allowed up the lifts here in whistler during the winter. I know some resorts allow ski bikes on the lifts (Telluride does for sure) but this I don't know... I wouldn't want to be skiing with one of these nearby that's for sure!
    Why? They would be no more dangerous than 90% of the kooks on skis and boards up on
    the slopes. It's not like you could do a black diamond run or anything, but It'd be fun on the
    slopes.

OP, check on nsmb, I know at least one of the guys there have one and likes it. It's been a
    while since they posted about it though. If I had the $$ I'd get one and it snowed more than
    a week a year over here (except last year lol).

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    ya I was thinking riding green runs maybe the odd blue nothing crazy....I just wonder about the control such a small ski would have and really other then that and the ability to slow down and stop its not anymore dangerous then anything else on the hill.

Also for just general commuting in winter....however I imagine just a nice set of fat tires would probly do the trick as well and for a fraction of the cost of that system...

Anyways thanks for you input guys

mtbr member
    They are great if you like lugging around an extra 20 lbs of hardware and enjoy repeatedly stopping to re-install the track...
    If you are really interested you could check with Favorit Cycles in Cranbrook BC, they have one and are more than willing to tell you all about it, they won't sell it to you because they like their customers.

Members who have read this thread: 0