we need more photo threads- Mtbr.com
    conjoinicorned

we need more photo threads

sorry for the XC content, and lack of trail shots i always forget to stop while riding.

up the jumpingpound ridge

summit of jumpingpound

nahahi ridge

moose mountain, going to ride that ridge this season
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

conjoinicorned
    some more, a touch less XC. the trail is T-dub on moose, the rider is my friend star..

Last edited by ferday; 07-05-2006 at 11:10 PM.

KAIZEN!

Solid Pics!

I agree - we need more photos!

I have been lazy lately; relying on friends to pack the camera. I will try to post some from Fernie last weekend and endevour to post more in the future!

That "push" shot up Jumping Pound brings back memories! It always seems to rain, sleet, hail, snow, and fog on me up on that ridge... even with a good weather forecast and a promising look to the day!
    Dean

mtbr member
    I've got a bunch of photos from various rides but I have the problem that I only want to stop and take pictures during the more boring sections of the trail. I mean who wants to stop during some fast, flowy singletrack!

Elbow Loop - a 45km evening ride last week:

Click here
    Last edited by never; 07-16-2006 at 12:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Iron Creek/Tom Snow Trail (to who ever did the work on the singletrack at the start of Tom Snow after the fireroad climb...it's awesome!)

Click here
    Last edited by never; 07-16-2006 at 12:49 AM.

KAIZEN!

Good stuff!

More!!!
    Dean

conjoinicorned
    couple more old ones, this weekend i'll get some decent descent pictures and start a new thread. glad someone enjoys them, and nice pics never

minnewanka

prarie view. up there?

at least the view is good....mt. baldy, a good ride in it's own right

and the flip side...from mt baldy

and another baldy (less bike shots next time!)

and from tonite, good old packers trail on the SS. lower tom snow. kudos to the builders on upper tom snow, but thumbs down to the logging road in the middle.

mtbr member
    Balfa fan, I gather?

How do they ride?

Is Tom Snow still mucky (disgusting is the word...) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

conjoinicorned
    Balfa fan, I gather?
    How do they ride?
    Is Tom Snow still mucky (disgusting is the word...)
    i have 3 balfas, my FR bike is a 2step. they are the most fun bikes i've ever been on, fantastic geometry, wicked slack head and seat angles.

tom snow is absolutely disgusting, the mud is really really thick right now. really sucks the flow out of the trail, but hey packers is always fun anyways...

mtbr member
    Agreed ferday, the upper part of Tom Snow is a ton of fun! But I haven't ridden it for over a month and it was pretty much dry when I was on it.

Anyway, here are some pictures from last night's ride...the plan was to ride Baldy but due to the crazy thunderstorm in Calgary, we ended up leaving a little bit later than planned. So once we got out there, we made the last minute call to ride Terrace instead due to time constraints. Terrace is fairly Minnewanka-esque, just a shorter version...not much in the way of elevation changes, just fun, twisty singletrack (and the faster you ride, the more exciting it becomes).

Click here
    Last edited by never; 07-16-2006 at 12:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Hey, I recognize that gold Preston. I have done Prairie View twice in the last few days. Once on my rigid and again on the Evo. I went back because I destroyed the rear tire and tube on my rigid and had to walk the last few kms. Redemption. I would have called you or Kerry, but I rode Prairie view friday afternoon and figured you were both at work. I took some pictures from Prairie view and will try to post them soon. I am taking the Evo to Bow for some drive train work, that I can't resolve myself and will be going out again this weekend sometime, if my drive train woes are not too serious.

Later.

Life is Good
    Oooo a 2002 Enduro! I love mine, I've ridden it since, well, 2002 and then I cracked the frame near the shock mount. They warrantied me a 2004. It looks like your buddy keeps his pretty stock! That's pretty impressive for four years 8-)

I'm glad to see he took the fenders off though haha. I took the black and white stickers off of mine too and it really made the frame cleaner looking, might wanna recommend that to your buddy.

Nice pictures! I'm jealous, I wish I had trails around here like that.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Just rode Baldy...I forced myself to take a ton of pictures...

Click here
    Last edited by never; 07-16-2006 at 12:55 AM.

bi-winning
    that's some sahweet scenery you guys have!
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    I'm definitely not complaining! Should have more pics tomorrow...I think we're doing Cox/Jumpingpound.

mtbr member
    WOW that is so awesome.
    I am dreaming of such vast landscapes, over here in Germany we have very nice spots too, but every 5 or 10 kilometers thereŽs a village, little city or at least thousands of roads and highways. IŽd love to ride my bike for 4hours+ and not see any people, except some hikers or other bikers or a park ranger.

I think I have to do a year at an american university , but in the backcountry there are no universities and I donŽt want to go to a bigger town

Greetings znarf

KAIZEN!

Calgary

Don't know what you are studying, but think about coming to the U of Calgary!

www.ucalgary.ca

Close to Bragg Creek (30 minutes), Kananaskis country (45 minutes), Canmore (1 hour), Banff (1.5 hours)

I just met a riding buddy from Germany - he graduated this past year and has a work visa over here for a year > he just loves the riding! See some of his pictures... Check out his blog: http://dekan.blogdns.net/~dekan/
    Dean

mtbr member
    that looks really good!
    IŽll just have to apply to a scholarship of some kind. Fees for the universities are rather expensive, but getting a scholarship should not be the problem. After all I have the unbreakable urge to bike there

IŽll just have to practise my miserable english skills for the famous TOEFL-test.

I really enjoy and like the friendly welcome and very kind responses here in this forum.

Seems to be that canadian and american(is it Canadian and American?) bikers are a really friendly people!

Greetings znarf

mtbr member
    Znarf - There are many Western colleges/universities that will provide you with great expanses of scenic land to mountain bike. University of Colorado - Boulder is a terrific school, and the mountain biking in the area is really great. Rocky Mountain National Park is not far.

mtbr member
    Yeah, Colorado sounds good to. I think IŽd travel around quite a bit. Flights within the USA or Canada arenŽt that expensive I think. Or I rent a car or van or something, during vacations of course

greetings znarf

mtbr member
    ferday your shots of jumpingpound looked like it was lots of fun. I wish I could have gone with, but I had way to much stuff to do before I had to leave. You better take some sweet pics of your trip next week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Znarf
    Yeah, Colorado sounds good to. I think IŽd travel around quite a bit. Flights within the USA or Canada arenŽt that expensive I think. Or I rent a car or van or something, during vacations of course

greetings znarf
    Yes, flights can be cheap. Domestic flights within the US usually cheaper than to Canada, and cheaper to major airports. Nice thing about CO, and living in Boulder, is you're right next to DIA (Denver International Airport), which is a major hub of activity.
    Santa Cruz Bullit AM build

Formerly DMR For Life
    Quote Originally Posted by never
    Do you have a higher res version of the above shot...absolutely amazing

DMR

Edit: Wow all of your pics are abolutely amazing...definately famed on a wall type pictures
    Last edited by Full Mountain; 07-13-2006 at 08:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR For Life
    Do you have a higher res version of the above shot...absolutely amazing

DMR

Edit: Wow all of your pics are abolutely amazing...definately famed on a wall type pictures
    Hey thanks. Actually I thought the camera was taking kind of crappy pictures (maybe I should be blaming more than just the camera!). There is a small fleck stuck between the outer lens and the inner lens which you can notice in a bunch of pictures (if you know where to look). Plus, the camera hasn't been the same since we attempted Elbow Loop almost a month ago...we started at 8:30pm with a storm rolling in...

BTW, I do have a larger version of the picture (1.1MB, 2560x1920). Let me know if you want a copy.

mtbr member
    Never,

Just wanted to thank you for those pics. Especially of Baldy Pass. I thought about doing it earlier this year but after seeing your pics, I think I'll pass for now.

I just came back from doing the Pocaterra in the lakes area and I've also done the Elbow , Terrance and Minnewanka but Baldy looks like a huge step up in terms of difficulty. Maybe I'll use it as an excuse to get myself a long travel bike. I'd literally lose my fillings if I did that descent on my hardtail.

Ken.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konaken
    Never,

Just wanted to thank you for those pics. Especially of Baldy Pass. I thought about doing it earlier this year but after seeing your pics, I think I'll pass for now.

I just came back from doing the Pocaterra in the lakes area and I've also done the Elbow , Terrance and Minnewanka but Baldy looks like a huge step up in terms of difficulty. Maybe I'll use it as an excuse to get myself a long travel bike. I'd literally lose my fillings if I did that descent on my hardtail.

Ken.
    I definitely enjoyed having 5.5/6 inches of travel on that trail. Just point the bike and let it go.

Members who have read this thread: 0