visiting vancouver- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

visiting vancouver

I will be in vancouver for a few days this summer for a meeting and want to get out and bike. Staying at the westin bayshore and looking to do either some mountain biking or road riding while there. Any suggestions for shops to rent from or areas to ride? I don't really do downhill/freeride stuff, mainly XC. I won't have a car most likely so I am looking for suggestions that I could ride to or that the shop would take me to for an afternoon trip or two.
    Any help appreciated.
    Coop

ups and downs
    What sort of technical level of XC are you used to?

The bike rentals near the Westin are for Stanley Park touristy kinda riding. There are dirt trails in Stanley Park but you may be surprised at the kind of wildlife you'll find in there. I'd rather run into bears.

If you're just after the opportunity to ride in the woods you may want to check out Pacific Spirit Park out by UBC, it's maybe a 30 minute ride from downtown to get there, and there's a bunch of trails that are fairly manicured park type dirt and "improved" trails. But you can easily use up a couple of hours exploring the trails if you just want to ride in the woods.

http://web.mac.com/pacificspiritpark...cspiritmap.pdf

Most of the XC trails on the North Shore trail surfaces are quite technical, so you'd need to rent a capable bike. Different Bikes in Parkgate Mall in North Vancouver rent suitable bikes for riding on North Shore XC trails on Mt.Seymour, like the Bridle Path.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i live in boise, id right now so have grown accustomed to a lot of smooth single track with climbing. don't mind some technical stuff though. i will check that out. thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0