Vancouver Island (Duncan) Rentals and Trails- Mtbr.com
    방랑외국인

New question here. Vancouver Island (Duncan) Rentals and Trails

I'll be just north of Victoria in Duncan for a couple weeks this summer. I found simbs.com/ and Trailforks shows the various trails, but looking for first-hand advice.

1. Suggestions on a shop near Duncan where I can rent a L or XL 140-150mm 29er?
    2. Suggestions on can't miss, best-trails-in-the-area?
    3. Best breweries for post ride libations?

Thanks,
    Sven

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    What's your riding ability? If you're comfortable on black/double black trails and have some homies to shuttle with then Prevost is unreal, wouldn't really trust trailforks there though.

Otherwise tzouhalem has stuff for all levels, same with maple. Nanaimo has tons of fun stuff too if you have a car. Just pull out trail forks and explore everything at the level you're comfortable with.

Not really sure on rentals or breweries, I own a bike and don't drink

방랑외국인
    Yep will have a car, just need bike n beer.

I doubt I'll have access to a shuttle type situation, so prefer non-shuttle trails. Mid to upper level trail rider...enjoy both fast and flowing and tech trails. Tempting as they are, I skip Freeride (big drops, high risk features) on vacation. Nothing worse than injury on vaca. For example these trails seem perfectly fine - I'd just skip the big hits.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Prevost is hella fun and you can shuttle it in a pretty normal car, not a very pretty gravel road climb though, I'd stick to shuttling there. The good (maintained) trails are pretty steep there which the videos don't show, and also means you lose vert really quickly if you pedalled up, to give an idea, some of the trails average over 30% for 1.5 km. The easier trails there are fine, just not the most maintained.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motard5 View Post
    I'll be just north of Victoria in Duncan for a couple weeks this summer.
    Feel free to PM me. I live in Victoria and I'm off Fri-Sun. I'd be happy to show you around Tzouhalem. The trails there are short and confusing so it's just easier to guide someone than explain. I can provide GPS tracks if that's useful to you.

For Maple Mountain the navigation is easy. Ride up the climbing trail [Xylem] to the top. Ride down Upper and Lower Maple Syrup and finish on Solar Coaster/Logger's Lane. The tech is hardest right at the start so don't get put off by the first 15mins of the ride down.

If you want to spend the time [1hr] to drive down to Victoria I can show you around the Hartland trails or provide a GPS track to follow.

The only pub/brewery we go to in Duncan is the Craig Street Brew Pub. Not suggesting it's the best option. Just happens to be where we go after a ride. We don't really spend much time in Duncan so I can't offer any other suggestions.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com