Vancouver Day Trip- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Vancouver Day Trip

I'm heading up to Mt. Fromme on Friday and was hoping to get some tips on parking and trails.

I'm coming up from Washington, so will have a fair amount of driving and don't want to waste a bunch a time on logistics once I get up there.

I've checked out the map on trail forks and see a few parking spots listed. Is the main lot the one by the water towers and trail natural high? Ever any issues finding parking or is there plenty of space?

Me and my friend are both intermediate riders, we've ridden whistler and squamish (trails like Duncan's, pura vida, out trail, credit line, entrails as some examples of trails we really enjoyed).

Any trails that we should not miss? Hoping to ride in the AM break for some lunch and go back at it. Think my legs can probably handle 5000-6000 feet of climbing (I'm hopefully optimistic at least).

Looking at pipeline, bobsled , espresso, crippler.. at Fromme. Anything other must do trails there?

Was also curious if its worth trying to head to Seymour after riding at Fromme, or is that way to much for 1 day? There is two of us so I suppose we could take some turns shuttling one another up.

Thanks for any tips!

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    The parking lot at the water towers /top of mtn highway is big, a Friday morning/afternoon will be fine. Go up mtn highway and keep going past houses you won't miss it haha,its open like 7-7 or something I think.

I'm not a shore local but have ridden Fromme a few times and favourite laps was 7th/leppard /crinkum crankum /kirkford etc all down that side. Also enjoyed ladies, pipeline, floppy bunny.

Seymour is fun too but I have only ridden there once and barely remember it! If your break for lunch means driving back down the hill and all, you could hit both in a day for sure.

ups and downs
    If that parking is full at the top of Mountain Highway, pay attention to the parking restriction signs in the neighbourhood below that Mountain Highway parking area. You'll want to park all the way down by the soccer fields on Dempsey to stay out of the conflict zone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vancouver Day Trip-dempsey.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Thanks Kevin and Rocky appreciate the info.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

ups and downs
    The days are getting longer, although it does get dark in the woods quick, but you likely have enough light to ride by until 6:30-7:00PM if you are not wearing tinted glasses, so Seymour might be worth a go. Unfortunately the Twin Bridges connector bridge had to be taken out after the rock slide in the Seymour River, so you likely end up wanting to drive over to that side and park near the base of Mt.Seymour, but there is a bunch of fairly fresh stuff on Seymour, including the climbing trail Good Sir Martin.

If you're breaking for lunch after Fromme, the Black Bear Pub at the Lynn Valley Shopping Centre near Mountain Highway and Lynn Valley Road has good food, and offers locks and a wash station for bikes. You can also sit on their patio and watch your bikes if they are on your rack or in a truck bed. There's also a Quiznos in that same parking lot.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    How was it