Valemount- Mtbr.com

Thread: Valemount

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005

Valemount

So, i'm possibly moving to Valemount to run a campground with family. Sweet little town, developing a lot of stuff, gonna be the next Banff/Jasper. Anyway, the campground is sweet, with hiking trails and stuff. So i'll prob build some stuff on that. But i was wondering what the trails are like there. Any good XC stuff? Also, if anybody knows any bike shops close by...

is this thing on?
    all I know is that there are trails there. there used to be a shop that sold bikes (extreem sprots or something like that). I don't know if it's going to be the next banff, but it is a cool place to live. ask around, shouldn't take you too long to find some trails and a few ride bros.

where you moving from?

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    Moving from Edmonton. Your probably right, it'll take awhile to get big like Banff, but it is gonna be a biggish tourist attraction. They are making a ski resort thats sorta like sunshine there, plus two 18 hole golf courses, and a hot spring.
    Can't wait to be there again.

mtbr member
    Track down Randy at the Mt Robson Cafe. Hes been building trails up in Valemount for the last 5 years or so. The one big ride I've done there is the Selwyn traverse and that takes you from Valemount way out to Kinbasket lake and back along the slopes of the rockies. Theres more but I havent had time to explore.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oilerfan30
    Also, if anybody knows any bike shops close by...
    Old thread but I need a first post so....

Try Freewheel Cycle in Jasper. The Valemount choice for bike shops.

Members who have read this thread: 0