Two Weeks Until XC8- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Two Weeks Until XC8

All the prep work is just about finished for XC8 as we spent all day yesterday making sure the trails are cut to perfection. We've got some kick arse prises this year including a Crank Bros Cobalt wheelset and some Juicy Ultimates in euro cool white! Also cash for the top solo men and women.

The course is slightly modified this year with one section removed one section added and a couple of small extensions to familiar singletracks. Expect lots of that tight, smooth, flowy and fast Saskatchewan goodness.

We've added a new category for two person female as well as awards for top 3 SS men. We've also extended the depth of the champagne awards (always a highlight!) and added a new beer prize. Details day of the race.

Last year we got racers from all 4 western provinces, with the majority of travelers being our Alberta neighbors. Hope to see more of you this year.

Cheers,
    Kris

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Great event... I haven't been for a couple years but it is well run and full of really nice prairie folk. Trails are fun and fast. Support these guys, they deserve it.

your ankles are fat
    Aug 2004
    killer day, thanks guys....the post race feed was rad, esp the perogies!

was I too buzzed on Baby Duck to remember the beer prize...?

Jul 2006
    Thanks Paddy, well you were well deserved to be buzzed but the beer prize was turned into the Alsport Hill challenge. So you didn't miss it!

Thanks so much for coming out, I can't wait for next year already. Weve got some cool ideas for it already. It seems we always get more new and exciting ideas for next years race while at the current race. It's awesome, we want to make this event as fun as possible.

Have a good one,
    Dave B

Members who have read this thread: 0