Trail advice....?- Mtbr.com
    I wonder why?

Trail advice....?

My wife and I will be in Vancouver from July 1st to the 4th and would like to get some riding in on the Friday and Saturday mornings. As Torontonians we ride mostly XC trails (prefer the technical single track). We're both in pretty good shape, ride at least twice a week, and have good bike handlling skills.

Can anyone give us a heads up on suitable trails (i.e., mostly singletrack without any major long climbs (wife's request) shorter technical cllimbs are okay though? Or is anyone interested in showing us around? We are thinking about the Squamish area?

Last time we were out west we rode Whistler which was fun for me, but not my wife. She crashed on her first run and broke her thumb and is not interested in doing the DH / extreme trail riding thing again.

Also, do we bring our bikes or rent out there? I'm ride a HH 100X and my wife rides a Motolite.

Thanks.

i1dry?

Gear Whore
    I would go to www.nsmb.com, lots of north shore xc people there...and usually very willing to help, I know lots of shops rent bikes there (good ones) and usually cost $99 ish a day....

amg

Nov 2004
    Squamish seems to be the place for xc - there's two bike shops there, Tantalus Bike Shop and Corsa Cycles, either of them would be able to give you directions. Some Squamish guys hang out on nsmb.com and may be able to help you out.

This website has some cool maps too: http://www.squamishmountainbike.com/