Top of the World questions....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Top of the World questions....

Luckily, thanks to another thread here on MTBR, I learned just yesterday that you need a special pass to ride Top of the World. I have a couple questions and please correct me if I'm wrong here...it appears we can:

1) We can buy an all day lift ticket and a TOW pass and ride *just* TOW before riding right back into the park or....

2) We can ride TOW and then go outside the park to take Khyber to Kashmir to Kush (or other options) and eventually end up down at Creekside? I saw many comments implying this is a butt kicker and may be the only ride all day if we do this route.

My main question is if we do option #2, do we have to buy and all day park pass and the TOW pass or is there a "one ride" option to get to TOW (plus the TOW pass obviously).

Does anybody know if there a specific date that the 2018 TOW passes go on sale?
    2019 Ibis Ripmo
    2019 Yeti SB5 (Sold)
    2018 Intense Tracer (Sold to son)
    2017 Intense Primer

ups and downs
    Here's the 1-4 day ticket pricing on the Whistler Bike Park website. There is a separate date specific TotW add on ticket available on top of the standard lift ticket.

Bike Park Lift Tickets | Whistler Mountain Bike Park

Here's an interesting note that may impact your planning...

BOOK TOP OF THE WORLD TICKETS NOW
    Top of the World Tickets only available at Guest Services or by calling 1-800-766-0449

Due to the sensitivity of the trail, the Peak Zone is limited to 150 ticket holders per day. Advanced ticket purchase strongly encouraged.

But now there's another epic option that doesn't involve buying a lift ticket

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/into-the-mystic/

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/lo...the-squirrels/
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Right on the website the one ride up top of the world ticket is $35

http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/ti...passes/tickets

Also the rest of the park is really awesome, you'd be missing out if you only ride top of the world. Also be aware top of the world to the 'other' routes are all double black and pretty difficult so be prepared!

And yes into the mystic/lord of the squirrels is amazing!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, I saw that on the website but to be honest, didn't want to make any assumptions before I get $$ from my friends. Rocky...we plan on doing that ride as well. Kevin....I see your Whisler posts a lot, very helpful and informative. We'll be up there 11 days total so we'll do the park once and probably a second time if I survive the first day. Plus I need to ride at Squamish.

EDIT: The website for the Bike Park is for 2017. I tried to use 2018 dates and the message said they arenít available yet.
    Last edited by k2rider1964; 02-05-2018 at 07:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by k2rider1964 View Post
    Thanks guys, I saw that on the website but to be honest, didn't want to make any assumptions before I get $$ from my friends. Rocky...we plan on doing that ride as well. Kevin....I see your Whisler posts a lot, very helpful and informative. We'll be up there 11 days total so we'll do the park once and probably a second time if I survive the first day. Plus I need to ride at Squamish.

EDIT: The website for the Bike Park is for 2017. I tried to use 2018 dates and the message said they arenít available yet.
    In my opinion, keep your park day(s) for the park. Ride a proper DH bike, enjoy that style of riding.

Make TOW a day of it's own (or a 1/2 day with another 1/2 day trail ride). Ride a solid trail bike (140-170mm) and treat it as an adventure. If you spit out into the park after TOW, you'll be down to the bottom pretty quick. Use your extra $ to access trails you can't within the park. Kyber, Kashmir, Kush is the ride I was taken on by three locals and was their preferred route down (coming back through the park was a waste of a trip in their opinion, but they aren't park riders either).

The ride down was 13km/1400m descent. 1:09 ride time, 1:45 elapsed time. The ride is full on for pretty much the entire time. I didn't find it crazy (typical black diamond terrain for Whistler area), but it's just black diamond the entire time, not just a few select features.
    Straight outta Rossland

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Since Vail took over they are changing up the websites/links and making a bit of a mess of things......well they did for skiing. So hopefully they will be updating soon.......fixing up the mess started in October.
    I assume there will be changes coming..........Lots of rumours!
    Some good ....some not so good.
    97' Brodie Expresso
    00' Turner RFX
    08' Turner RFX
    13' Surly Troll
    15' Surly ICT