Top of the World Opening Prediction 2019- Mtbr.com
    MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008

Top of the World Opening Prediction 2019

Any riders regular to Whistler have an idea when the park will open Top of the World trail?
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Mid July likely. Nailing down an exact date can be tough.

If you're planning a trip and it's on the list, make sure you're flexible with the days you're in town, sometimes it's closed from weather

mtbr member
    THere are much much better trails to ride in the area... did it last year and the only way Id go up there again is to hit some of the stuff off of it (RDRS is good, kush, etc), totw itself is nothing special and turns into a Jeep road. It would be fun to race on though...
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    Opens today

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    THere are much much better trails to ride in the area...
    Generally yes. But taking the lift to totw for out of towners (especially those who don't live in mountainous areas) is pretty amazing, not just for the riding. Especially for those who don't want to blow their budget on a heli day or can't shuttle.

Agreed the other trails off it are better - but make sure you're a competent rider. I've taken 'decent easterners' up there only to have them getting frustrated on RDS and it turning into a hike down for them.

I'd recommend totw - khyber pass - middle of nowhere - kashmir - kush - earth circus as long as you're comfortable on trails like dark crystal, hey bud, etc.

MidnightBroomstickCowboy
    Jun 2008
    I could understand preference to other trails up there but yes I thought it would make a great scenic intro to a riding day.

However, there's been a lot of rain on the mountain over the last 24 hours so would Kyber, MON, Kashmir even be safe to ride after all the rain?
    Quote Originally Posted by afalts View Post
    Generally yes. But taking the lift to totw for out of towners (especially those who don't live in mountainous areas) is pretty amazing, not just for the riding. Especially for those who don't want to blow their budget on a heli day or can't shuttle.

Agreed the other trails off it are better - but make sure you're a competent rider. I've taken 'decent easterners' up there only to have them getting frustrated on RDS and it turning into a hike down for them.

I'd recommend totw - khyber pass - middle of nowhere - kashmir - kush - earth circus as long as you're comfortable on trails like dark crystal, hey bud, etc.
    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "As a true patriotic American, I blindly follow what my elected leaders tell me." - Jack English

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by homeslice View Post
    I could understand preference to other trails up there but yes I thought it would make a great scenic intro to a riding day.

However, there's been a lot of rain on the mountain over the last 24 hours so would Kyber, MON, Kashmir even be safe to ride after all the rain?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Lots of roots (including off camber/in corners/up and down) on those trails and it's a looong descent so make sure you are comfortable with that before committing. Your tires will be sliding a lot on the roots. Alternatively just ride TOTW down into the bike park and check out the new MissFire trail, beautiful single black hand cut tech that links into Delayed Fuse and BC's Trail. Less roots/less physical than Khyber/Kashmir etc. Note that MissFire is being closed down when super wet to preserve it.