Thank you Rossland!!- Mtbr.com
    ride your bike

Thank you Rossland!!

Just got back from a short 2 day trip in Rossland BC. As far as trail riding goes, I have never ridden better! So this is a thank you to the folks that build and maintain those trails, and to the owner of Revolution bike shop for replacing my snapped BB in a timely manner to get me back out on the trails!!

Techno Grind and Milky Way are not to be missed in Rossland. Pure trail riding joy!

I'll be sure to hit seven summits next time.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Don't worry, be happy!
    I was wondering how it was for you guys. Did Mrs. Jubilee have a good time at camp? Was the weather kind?

Me, home inprovement weekend and Bead Lake, which was a lot of fun.

formica

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Techno Grind is a fun trail! We rode it in late August, Marleis is still raving about it to anyone that will listen... I think she is officially addicted!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Two thumbs up for Rossland!

My wife and I just did a 2-week road trip in the Kootenays. We went to Rossland twice because the riding was so good and the people were so friendly. I agree with jubilee about Revolution Cycle, the place to get local scoop on trails and also to arrange a shuttle for the Seven Summits Trail. The owner marked out a trail, The Full Monte, that hadn't made it onto the newest trail map. A more technical offshoot from Techno Grind that looped back to Milky Way, it was a good test for our "skinny bikes" as the locals called them. XC race bikes are apparently a rare sight in the Kootenays.

We were lucky to ride the Summits on a good weather day, just enough cloud cover to keep us from burning and to make the photos interesting. Wifey and I have been fortunate enough to ride in some of the primo MTB areas in Western N.A. and I can say that the 7 Summits is easily one of the top 5 trails we've ridden. Rough and rocky downhills, tough climbs, and amazing scenery along 36kms of singletrack. Mountain bike heaven!

Put this one on top of your "must ride before I die" list.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Thanks for the trail tip Dave!

If you post the photos on the net anywhere, can you send me a link so I can check them out?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Seven Summits pics

I tried to post some photos but they wouldn't upload. The file size is apparently too large at 2,250 KB, taken with a 7.1 megapixel camera. Any tips on reducing the file size to fit on here.

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarydave
    I tried to post some photos but they wouldn't upload. The file size is apparently too large at 2,250 KB, taken with a 7.1 megapixel camera. Any tips on reducing the file size to fit on here.
    do you have web space to load them to? That's the best way.
    if not, try this.
    If you are running windows, you can resize with the basic photo editor. You can use a command of a % of original size, or use actual pixel/width.
    800x600 is a good size for uploading, then use the compress for web command.

hth

formica

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    I've been using both https://www.photobucket.com/ & https://www.flickr.com/ to host riding pics as it has both have auto image resize functions, and they allow you to upload multiple pics at a time.

Both photo sites allow you to post pics to other web pages like MTBR.

Eg:

Riding pics from last year & FFTF this year:
    https://photobucket.com/albums/y213/outridingmybike/

Spruce Lake trip pics:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Members who have read this thread: 0