Terrace Trail Photos

Printable View

• 07-16-2006
    never
    Terrace Trail Photos
    See the Elbow Loop Photo thread for an explanation.

Some pictures from an evening ride...the plan was to ride Baldy but due to the crazy thunderstorm in Calgary, we ended up leaving a little bit later than planned. So once we got out there, we made the last minute call to ride Terrace instead due to time constraints. Terrace is fairly Minnewanka-esque, just a shorter version...not much in the way of elevation changes, just fun, twisty singletrack (and the faster you ride, the more exciting it becomes).

RMR and dblblkdiamond getting ready:

Emily and her basically brank spankin' new Prophet:

A couple of views at the first look out point:

And two riders admiring the views:

It's not that easy taking pics while riding but I'm going to post them anyway:

I was trying to get an action shot of RMR but I was a little slow with the camera:

If you could see RMR's face, it would show extreme disappointment due to me missing the shot:

A bit of the trail:

The turn around point:
  • 08-08-2006
    revrnd
    Nice pics. We passed thru the Terrace area during our holidays last year.
  • 08-08-2006
    HughJorgan
    how to get there??
    That looks like a really nice trail...could you please tell me how to get there? I checked in Eastcott's book but it's not listed!!:thumbsup:
  • 08-08-2006
    Carbon Ken
    The Terrance trail is listed in Eastcott's book. It's ride # 24.

It starts in Kananaskis Village and ends at the Galatea Parking lot off of Hwy 40.

Never, where did you turn around ?

Here's a pic of the trail from Saturday :

• 08-08-2006
    revrnd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by konaken

It starts in Kananaskis Village and ends at the Galatea Parking lot off of Hwy 40.

Here's a pic of the trail from Saturday :

I thought Terrace was in BC? Isn't Kananaskis in Alberta?
  • 08-08-2006
    hizzity
    terrace is a town in bc but there is a trail called the terrace trail in k-country
  • 08-09-2006
    revrnd
    Thanks for clearing that up.
  • 08-09-2006
    never
    Quote:

Originally Posted by konaken

We rode from the Lodge parking lot to the foot bridge over the creek and turned around. It's where the trail does a Y and the right path says no bikes.