Super D- Mtbr.com

Thread: Super D

conjoinicorned

Super D

hi,

super d racing has recently caught my attention, i am having difficulty finding info on whether any of these races might occur anywhere somewhat near calgary (ie as far as golden or so). if anyone has any info, kindly pass it on!

thanks
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I am very interested in this type of race aswell. I think it is a relativley "new" kind of racing and I have not heard of any such events in Alberta.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I would like to find out some super D info as well. Super D is big in Europe.

conjoinicorned
    thanks for the interest guys. i'm going full bore on this right now, with a little luck we might get one or two super-D races this season!

if anyone is willing to volunteer for anything, let me know!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    what do you have in mind? what have you been doing to advance this? I only ask because I am not really familiar with the "racing" scene and what it takes to set something like this up. The super D seems to have a differnt vibe, since it blends xc and dh. It also seems it is a different kind of cyclist who is interested in these types of events. That middle ground if you will. Things like the Downieville Classic just look like very casual fun/competitive events. I am game to help further this. Let me know what I can do.

conjoinicorned
    i am in the process of joining a few groups around town (the aba and the adhra) and in talks with a couple people at c.o.p. i know very little about the racing scene as well, so right now i'm learning about how it works in alberta.

i disagree with you that super-D is for special riders, i believe that it is the race that will truly bring out the crowds. the largest percentage (by far!!!) of riders that i know are not hardcore DH and don't want to pedal 60km of XC, but would rather just trail ride. the super-D series seems to be a trail-ride type of race. i agree with you completly that these events look fun/casual, which is the prime selling point for me as i would like to compete but at a much less intense level than full on DH/XC (i'm an old man now!).

thanks so much for your offer of help, as soon as i know what is going on (ie. this coming week the adhra and aba etc. are supposed to get back to me) i will let you know if there is anything you can do!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    when I said a different type of cyclist, I meant different to the current racing regime. someone who who whats to test all of their skills, not just DH or XC...like I said "the middle ground" ...the rest of us...I completely agree that it is for mass consumption, and I think the largest percentile has abilities in this range of race which would make for large turnouts.

"i would like to compete but at a much less intense level than full on DH/XC"

my feelings exactly...

keep in touch

Members who have read this thread: 0