Sunshine Coast- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sunshine Coast

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Sunshine Coast

Hey all,

Interested in some advice on finding a destination on the sunshine coast for a family holiday. Looking for a nice friendly town, easy access to some nice beaches and of course some sweet riding.
    Is there any towns, where you could ride right from your door and be on the trails?
    I guess for the riding, my favourite style would be something with easy dirt road or non technical climbs, to get to some good flowy or technical DH descents.
    I'd like to get to coast gravity park while out there also.
    If anybody is interested in house swapping or renting my 3br family home in Fernie, BC, PM me!

mtbr member
    Hey, I lived there for a little while, in Sechelt, Sechelt and Gibson's are the two main towns. I could ride from my house to the west Sechelt trails, but I lived a few minutes out of town up a hill.

You'll want to look at Sechelt, Roberts Creek or Gibson's, the places further up the coast (half moon Bay) are cool too but less going on. Best riding is close to Roberts Creek, you can link up some rad trails from Roberts Creek that end up in Gibson's too. It's a very small town (or village?) there's 1 general store and 1 restaurant/café (the gumboot restaurant is friggin awesome though, there also used to be a fish and chips spot 'sharkys' not sure if still there), or you are a 10 minute drive back to Gibson's which has everything. The waterfront park/beach at Roberts Creek is nice.

Sechelt has cool beaches too (porpoise Bay is just below where coast gravity Park is) bigger town with more going on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for this,
    Ended up booking a place for 10 days in Roberts creek, looks like I should be able to ride from the house and hit trails, maybe a half day at coastal gravity to.
    If anybody is interested in house swapping or renting my 3br family home in Fernie, BC, PM me!