Sun Peaks, July 1-4; Crowds? Car Camping Reccomendations- Mtbr.com
    gmoney was gmoneybike

New question here. VPS FEST Sun Peaks, July 1-4; Crowds? Car Camping Reccomendations

I'm contemplating an extended weekend at Sun Peaks...July 1-4, 2006. Im worried a little about crowds, with so many events converging that weekend; i.e. Canada Day, NORCO VPS Mtn Bike Festival, and US Independence Day. Any thoughts on the crowds? Should I go or reschedule?

I'm driving from Seattle and want to car camp no more than 1 hour away from the resort. My wife and 3 year old son will be coming along as well. I prefer Provincial or National Park campgrounds, what options are in and around Sun Peaks? Are reservations required? Please provide any information or recommendations you might have.
    Last edited by ghashmi; 06-21-2006 at 12:24 AM.
    Were looking at balz

mtbr member

Can't comment on this year...

...but was there a couple of summers ago on the same long weekend and it was pretty much your pick of the trails. Not many people there at all (I'm talking like 5 by about 11am) but then it got a bit busier as the afternoon come on but not like Whistler busy at all. Nice riding area and scenic gondala ride.

With VPSFest this year on the long weekend, I'd bet that there would be quite the crowd (but again, probably not like Whistler). We stayed at house/condo with 3 floors. Really nice and cheap, esp. if going with buddies. I think you can find accomodations at www.ownersdirect.com or something like that. T2R, Time 2 Ride, is a friendly and helpful, if not small in size shop right in the village. They can handle any bike carnage that you may encounter on the mountain.

BTW, we're going there on the 14-15 of July. Let me know how you make out!

gmoney was gmoneybike
    Thanks for the info!
    Were looking at balz

Members who have read this thread: 0