Squamish Recommendations- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Squamish Recommendations

Heading up to Squamish for a 3 day weekend, wondering if I can get some inside tips on the must do trails, good loops, and possibly some trails that can be shuttled if we run out of energy. If anyone has any strava gpx loops I could find and throw on my garmin that would be great too. Thinking probably do anywhere from 12-18 miles per day.

I've purchased the squamish trail map for my phone and looks like there is a ton of stuff, much more than we can get to in 3 days! We are all intermediate riders, comfortable with some steep terrain, small drops, and small jumps.

Hoping to hit full and half nelson, angry midget (maybe, heard mixed reviews), and Pseudo tsuga. Any other trails in that area that are worth checking out?

Also, gonna try and hit the following Alice Lake trails: Rob/Cliff Corners, Man Boobs, Rupert, Entrails, Roller Coaster, Credit Line, and Crouching Squirrel Hidden Monkey.

I am wondering if there is a clmb trail that can be accessed from the Crouching Squirrel Hidden Monkey side as that is right by the hotel we are at, or do you need to climb up Mashiter to access all the major downhill trails?

Thanks

mtbr member
    You have a good list. If you are staying near the end of crouching you can go up bracken trail up Jack's trail and up debecks Hill to get to those trails, and up bracken/Jack's to 50 shades of green to get to credit line entrails Rupert etc. Keep in mind man boobs and Rupert can be sensitive in the wet, maybe ask a shop about them when you come.

mtbr member
    Thanks Kevin, is the lower end of crouching multi directional, not seeing any other way to access bracken? Trying to get a few routes planned. Appreciate the info, thanks

mtbr member
    Crouching is a descent from North to South. Brackentrail can be ridden in either direction, and you can access it from the end of Tantalus Rd, if you're staying somewhere near there? There is a really steep part between end of crouching and Jack's that you'll push up unless you are super human, it's just like 100m or so though.

mtbr member
    Thx Kevin. Yeah, we are at a hotel right off that road. Thanks a lot for the info.

ups and downs
    The other option is to ride north on Wonderland (parallel to the highway) to the access road to Alice Lake Park, that makes a nice warmup in that direction, and then you are at the top end of the trail system at the Alice Lake parking lot.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada