Solo Whistler rides....- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Solo Whistler rides....

So my upcoming Whistler trip is falling apart at the seams. We had (6) riders going at one point and one guy had a heart attack on a local ride (doing fine now but nit riding until October), one guys marriage is coming apart and another may have Lyme disease. I'll be there 11 days but the two other guys coming up will be splitting (8) of those days so I'm solo for (3) days.

I'm looking for ride suggestions to do solo from the village area; intermediate level is probably good while solo but for comparison sake, I'll usually ride anything other than double black features...at least here in the US. I ride Hangover in Sedona, Portal in Moab. I'll hit the park, LOTS and TOTW with my friends. FWIW, I'll have my Tracer and Primer with me (will rent a proper DH bike for the park).

I'm also not adverse to doing a half day with a guide or tour group if anybody wants to recommend reasonably priced options.
    2019 Ibis Ripmo
    2019 Yeti SB5 (Sold)
    2018 Intense Tracer (Sold to son)
    2017 Intense Primer

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    For a long one, head up the Blackcomb side to Microclimate (https://www.trailforks.com/trails/micro-climate/) -- unpleasant pedal up, but really fun. It was used for a EWC stage last year. If you're feeling spicy, Dark Crystal is a little further up the same way.

In the same zone, you can traverse across past the exits to Microclimate/Dark Crystal and climb up Yummy Numby (https://www.trailforks.com/trails/yummy-numby/) to Comfortably Numb. From there, you can hit the CN "Foreplay Descent" which is fun, mostly down into the disc golf course, or if you hate yourself, you can keep on CN as far as you want to go. Don't do this.

There's also a mess of good stuff on the westside (https://www.trailforks.com/region/westside/), an easy pedal across the highway past Alta Lake. Mostly slow speed tech with a few mandatory features that are mostly steep rollers. Danimal, High Society, and Pura Vida are classic "Whistler XC"...

As for riding solo, I'd go for it. If you're comfortable riding Portal and you've already had a week to acclimate to BC riding, you're probably going to be fine. Plus, the westside and especially Blackcomb trails get a fair number of riders during the high season, so if anything does go wrong it's not like you're out in the middle of nowhere.

mtbr member
    Thanks. That Alta Lake stuff was on my radar.
    2019 Ibis Ripmo
    2019 Yeti SB5 (Sold)
    2018 Intense Tracer (Sold to son)
    2017 Intense Primer

mtbr member
    Nothing wrong with the bike park solo