Shuttle service for Jack the Ripper (Pemberton)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Shuttle service for Jack the Ripper (Pemberton)

Hello:
    Heading up to the Sea to Sky area in few weeks (from Oregon) for our annual MTB pilgrimage and hoping to bag Jack the Ripper (Pemberton) using a partial shuttle (bottom of Skelula7).Unfortunitly, I haven't been able to trackdown a shuttle service. Does anyone have a contact they would be willing to pass along?

I'm certainly open to starting at the bottom of NIMBY but was hoping to preserve some energy for the descent.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Nate

mtbr member
    Sorry no. We self-shuttled up as far as Middle Earth last week. I wouldn't bother with a shuttle next time. I'll just ride up next time. The water drainage ditches make a shuttle painful and it's not a bad road to ride up. If it's hot just get going early.

Trails are loose and blown out, They haven't seen rain in a long while.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    Sorry no. We self-shuttled up as far as Middle Earth last week. I wouldn't bother with a shuttle next time. I'll just ride up next time. The water drainage ditches make a shuttle painful and it's not a bad road to ride up. If it's hot just get going early.

Thanks for the heads-up on condtions. Unless Pemby gets some rain (which isn't looking promising) we'll probably skip JtR.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post

Hey Vik: Did you ride JTR? I have never done it but thinking about about a Pemby trip soon if we get some rain

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooks View Post
    Hey Vik: Did you ride JTR? I have never done it but thinking about about a Pemby trip soon if we get some rain
    No. The consensus was the JTR was too spicy for the crew we had. We rode Middle Earth Rudy, Rusty Trombone and then some of the lower trails.

To be honest I found the super loose moon dusty conditions were challenging for me since it's not stuff I deal with on the Island. I came home and ordered a -1 deg head set and I am thinking of getting a 2nd wheel set for my 29er so I can have some fast rolling general purpose rubber [Conti TKs] and a wheel set some serious knobs for steeper/looser riding.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com