Shops- Mtbr.com

Thread: Shops

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Shops

Hi, we will be on vacation in Victoria in early August. I hope to take home some Fox 36 forks (when I figure out how to get them in the suit case) and other bits and pieces.
    Whilst I like nothing better than to visit bike shops my wife won't want to be dragged around many.
    Appreciate some advice on shops in the Victoria area or Vancouver that won't break the bank.
    Or are there any Canadian on line bike stores. I can't find any, other than ones in the States which will not sell Fox forks out side the country.
    Can I pick up any bargains at Crankworx? I went there last year but it seemed more expo.
    Thanks for your help.
    Skye

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    The best IMO and worth the 45 min drive from Victoria is Sooke mountain cycle. Especially if
    you want a fork rebuild. http://www.sookebikes.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Hi, thanks for the tip, will be heading their way in the near future.
    Thanks once again.
    Skye

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skyerose123
    Hi, thanks for the tip, will be heading their way in the near future.
    Thanks once again.

If you're looking to ride w/ someone head out to http://www.vimb.com/bboard/index.php sign up.
    I'm ahinalu there and you can holler for a ride, there's always someone riding somewhere.

Tell Lorien "Chris" sent you, he's a good guy and Jay (his brother) if you go on a Saturday.

I know several people that live in Victoria that will make the drive out to Sooke just so they deal
    with Lorien. I know another that drives from Nanaimo when he wants to buy a bike. I know I
    may sound like an ad, but he's hooked me up for a few years now, even when I still lived on
    Kauai, he's just one of those people you don't mind giving your money to and can have faith
    he fixed the bike properly.

Members who have read this thread: 0