selling a bike in canada- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

selling a bike in canada

I was just curious what (free ways) you use to sell bikes up here? My Fargo is causing major wrist problems and unless I can get it figured out, I might try to sell it. I am used to using craigslist back home, but whenever I search craigslist for Edmonton it doesn't really have any bike stuff on it. I've heard of kijiji in passing, but I've never used it so I don't know how well it works.

Thanks for suggestions.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Unfortunately, it's pinkbike.com. Kijiji may also work but it's difficult to search as a buyer.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    pinkbike all the way

you have to filter though some nonsense replies, but stuff always sells. you have a pretty large audience reading those ads, and it's free

ups and downs
    On Pinkbike you'll also want to indicate that you only want to do it by Paypal or cash in person, and you also want to indicate no trades, otherwise dozens of 13 year old kids will ask if you want to trade your bike for some clapped out 6" travel fork or some other useless thing.

Canadiancyclist.com has a Classified section as well, a lot of bike racers post their end of season bikes on that listing so it gets some reading just about now.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    MEC (mountain equipment co-op) also has a classified section.
    MEC is our equivalant to REI

Members who have read this thread: 0