Rumours......- Mtbr.com

Thread: Rumours......

Mar 2005

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Rumours......

I heard and saw posted on the Endurance forum that 24 HOA is going out of business.I hope not!!!...Has anyone heard such rumours,I'm sure another promoter would jump into our racing areas as I think Canmore/Whistler are two of the best race 24hr events out there.. Hopefully from 24HOA will address and post an 06 update..I tried phonong their office to no answer..whats up 24hrs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals
    I heard and saw posted on the Endurance forum that 24 HOA is going out of business.I hope not!!!...Has anyone heard such rumours,I'm sure another promoter would jump into our racing areas as I think Canmore/Whistler are two of the best race 24hr events out there.. Hopefully from 24HOA will address and post an 06 update..I tried phonong their office to no answer..whats up 24hrs
    Doesn't surprise me if this is true. Two summers ago they were going to "pull the chute" on the 24hrs of Adrenaline in Canmore. But at the last minute, they were able to pull a rabbit-of-the-hat trick!
    Would be a shame to see them go.

Mar 2005

Good job! Good News.

I heard from 24H.O.A. and they indicated Canmore would be 100% go for 06 and that a schedule should be out in the next couple of weeks.

May 2005

good news

I heard from 24H.O.A. and they indicated Canmore would be 100% go for 06 and that a schedule should be out in the next couple of weeks.
    That would have sucked to have the 24 cancelled again.I am soooo looking forward to going this year.It will be my second one and i am doing the Test of Metal in June as well. Now I just have to figure out where to find a team for the 24..Kona

mtbr member

Some Information...

Saw this thread and thought I would post even though I am in Ontario. I am pretty sure it's the same company as the one that used to run a 24 Hr race @ Hardwood Hills here in Ontario. This company did go tits up a couple of years ago. One of the owners of this company purchased the assets and renamed the company as 24 Sports or something like that. In doing so, they have tried to run a race at Hardwood Hills, against the will of the facility owners, suggesting they have the rights to the event. With all of this going on, another top notch race promoter (Chico Racing) was actually planning with Hardwood to run the event prior to 24 Sports sticking there nose back into things. The Chico team backed away to stay clear of the BS. Some iteration of this is how it went anyway. Anyhow, it's a shame if you are losing these events out there, but I believe that you would be correct that 24 HOA is going down the tubes...

N.

May 2005
    Well speak of the devil.....I just got an e-mail from the 24/Canmore saying that the schedule will be up in about a week..so it looks good for this year. Kona

Mar 2005

Schedule Next week?

Twenty4sports just posted on the endurance web site that the schedule will be up friday Dec16/05 and registration Jan2/06.

Members who have read this thread: 0