riding in nelson.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

riding in nelson.

I'm planning to be in the nelson area this summer for a few weeks where are the best places to ride in nelson?

mtbr member
    I rode in Nelson a few years ago with friends and it kicked my butt! Very fun, super technical, challenging trails. Placenta Decenta and Hitman stand out in my mind.

We spent too much hunting down trails and getting lost in the middle of nowhere. My recomendation would be to contact The Sacred Ride or High Pressure Sports and go on a guided group ride.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Hit the local bike shop.
    Sacred Ride is good and there is Gericks also.
    I usually go to Sacred Ride.
    I believe they have group rides in the summer one night a week.
    I could be wrong.......

The trails are tough and you either have to climb up to get to go down or shuttle.
    They have a trail guide that you can buy which is a good info.
    However the trail heads are not always obvious and when you are climbing up you may feel like you are on the wrong but you are not.

Have a blast!
    Also there is a ton of riding around Nelson in Rossland - Kaslo - New Denver - Revelstoke and name a few.....

mtbr member
    There are a lot of trails in the area, but it is one of the most technical areas to ride so your skill level better be pretty good and your bike should have at least 6" travel. Rossland is pretty close and a good place to start as their trails are more friendly to someone new to the area. Fernie is about 3 1/2 hours east and it is more 'XC' oriented, at least as the Kootenays go. There is so much in the area so plan some road trips, it is a blast!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    http://kootenaymountainbiking.blogspot.com/ has some quick little videos of the biking areas in and around town

Members who have read this thread: 0