Riding in Merritt- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Riding in Merritt

I will be in Merritt in August and I would love to find some great riding. I have never ridden in the interior and would love to do some of the fast flowy stuff I see in the movies, with the open grassland, ridgelines etc. Any advice would be appreciated.

ups and downs
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    Thanks, but I found that with Google too, but it does not have any maps or much of anything for that matter, unless I want to enter the Cow Trail Classic .

ups and downs
    They sell trail maps to help fund trail maintenance. Send them an email.

You can buy the Merritt trails maps at Mountain Equipment Co-op in the Vancouver area, not sure abut how far afield you could find Merritt maps at other MEC's.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronston
    Thanks, but I found that with Google too, but it does not have any maps or much of anything for that matter, unless I want to enter the Cow Trail Classic .
    Too bad you missed the Cow Trail Classic. I entered it as a way to initiate myself to the trail system there so the next time I'm through the area with a few hours to kill I know where to go.
    You could email the organizer of the event who lives locally and who should be able to help you. I understand as well that maps are available locally - maybe the Chamber of Commerce could point out an appropriate business who sells them?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Mill Day Valley trails where the cow classic was was logged and probably not ridable.

Aug will be hot.

Iron mt and the trails around goudy creek will be good. Lundbom lake is the other option.

http://www.leelau.net/2008/merritt/index.html

Check out the new trail in Princeton as well.

http://www.leelau.net/2010/chugger2010_06_12/

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    The race this year was held in the Lundbom Lake area and took in Coco Bonk and Wounded Knee and a bunch of other fast flowy stuff, all as a result of the logging in the area regularly used as the race course. These trails are found on the race course map on the MMB website so if you can find Lundbom Lake - the turn off of 97C is about 5 minutes from the Info Bootth - you should be able to make some sense out of the trail system.
    I'm aiming to try the stuff in Princeton too, it looks like fun.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    You can buy a map (Same as the one they sell in MEC) also at the info centre just outside of Merritt right on the highway.
    Right near the intersection where Coquihalla Highway (No 5) splits to either continue on to Kamloops or the Connector (No 5A) towards Kelowna.

And the good part you can start riding from the Info centre also.

Have fun!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0