Riding buddies needed.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Riding buddies needed.

What's up peoples, i'll be coming back home this week with my family for 5 weeks and i'm bringing my bike and hope to ride as much as possible. Home base will primarily be in Red Deer and in Edmonton but I want to ride anywhere and everywhere. I've done a light search for mtb groups within both cities but nothing really has turned up. Can anyone provide some links to an mtb group that is open to visitors? Also, what are the must do AM trails in Banff/Canmore area, Rocky Mountain House area, and Jasper area? Thanks in adavance and hope to ride with some of ya'll!

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    If your in Red Deer, Wipe-out Ski and Bike wipe-out.ca does group rides every monday night at 7pm from the shop. We also have been getting some weekend out of town rides organized to go the mountains. When you get to town stop by the shop and see what is happening. Always looking for more people to ride with and can hook you up with some other locals depending on what type of riding you are interested in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkbiker
    What's up peoples, i'll be coming back home this week with my family for 5 weeks and i'm bringing my bike and hope to ride as much as possible. Home base will primarily be in Red Deer and in Edmonton but I want to ride anywhere and everywhere. I've done a light search for mtb groups within both cities but nothing really has turned up. Can anyone provide some links to an mtb group that is open to visitors? Also, what are the must do AM trails in Banff/Canmore area, Rocky Mountain House area, and Jasper area? Thanks in adavance and hope to ride with some of ya'll!
    The Edmonton threads are probably the most active threads in Western Canada. The spring thread has been retired and the summer thread is up. I'm sure if you ask in that thread, you'll get a bunch of answers.

All the club rides are sanctioned, so if you just want to hang with some riders, you'll still be able to find some rides. Sundays are going to be my Terwilliger Park days, probably starting this week. I'll post up when and where in the Edmonton thread for details, if I can swing this Sunday with a ride.

Members who have read this thread: 0