Revelstoke smoke?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Revelstoke smoke?

Hola,

I'm in Jasper where the smoke is thick. I was going to head to Revelstoke next but thought I'd see if anyone had a smoke report.

Rough summer for BC. 150+ fires? The fire season has been somewhat manageable for a change in the states.

Thanks for any info on the fires.

ups and downs
    The traffic cams show Revy being quite smokey, much of the interior is sitting at 7 which is high risk for people with breathing issues. I flew from Vancouver to Calgary yesterday and the smoke coverage was pretty uniform the whole distance from the air, and really bad near Banff with that fire in Kootenay/Banff parks. Won't be pleasant for the Nationals in Canmore this weekend.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply. Maybe I'll head toward Nelson and Rossland in hopes of clearer skies and consider ourselves lucky to have gotten some nice days in Fernie, Kananaskis, and L. Louise last week.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    They have air quality warning in Nelson and Rossland as I type.
    So heading south might not be a good option either.
    I know a friend of mine is in PG right now and he mountain biking there. He was not complaining to much.......mind you he has family there.
    Not sure how busy PG is right with people.
    97' Brodie Expresso
    00' Turner RFX
    08' Turner RFX
    13' Surly Troll
    15' Surly ICT

ups and downs
    The whole of southern BC seems to be smokey, I flew over it tonight from Calgary to Vancouver. It looks like Canmore cleared up as the smoke blew north to Hinton/Edmonton. Just in time for the Canadian Nationals.

mtbr member
    Hey, thanks for the info. I'm in Calgary now. Woke up in Jasper to clear skies and finally got to see what the place looks like. Drive down the Icefields pkwy was mostly clear with intermittent rain. Had a nice hike at Wilcox Pass. Nice finish to the front range and putting my family on a plane tomorrow while I drive and ride my brains out as I make my way back to Arizona. If Canmore is clear I may hit Razor's Edge on my way to Revelstoke. Then down to Rossland.

Found this for more beta: Wildfire Status - Province of British Columbia

mtbr member
    Canmore was mostly clear yesterday and Revelstoke overcast and drizzly today but sans smoke. Holy cow, Razor's Edge is a fun ride. Kudos to the trail builders.

high pivot witchcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by rockman View Post
    Canmore was mostly clear yesterday and Revelstoke overcast and drizzly today but sans smoke. Holy cow, Razor's Edge is a fun ride. Kudos to the trail builders.
    Hats off for hammering Razor's. That is no joke. Especially if you cleaned it. Last time I rode it I busted my seat and my Oakleys at the end near the highway.

I appreciate this is late, but I just got back from 5 days of riding in Fernie. Although not all that close to Nelson and Rossland (or Revy), it was incredibly good. Blue sky, 25-30 degrees every day, and NO SMOKE. Happy to have seen the smoke clear in Calgary on my return, as I am heading out for a long ride bright and early tomorrow morning.

Hope you have an incredible time riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Hats off for hammering Razor's. That is no joke. Especially if you cleaned it. Last time I rode it I busted my seat and my Oakleys at the end near the highway.

I appreciate this is late, but I just got back from 5 days of riding in Fernie. Although not all that close to Nelson and Rossland (or Revy), it was incredibly good. Blue sky, 25-30 degrees every day, and NO SMOKE. Happy to have seen the smoke clear in Calgary on my return, as I am heading out for a long ride bright and early tomorrow morning.

Hope you have an incredible time riding.
    I only cleaned Razor's where gravity was in my favor. No way I can do all the short, techy ups but my hat's off to those who can.

Rode 7 Summits in Rossland today and the weather was stellar and no smoke. Now heading back to Arizona with a ride or two in Montana and UT. Great trails and the people even better. Thanks Canada!.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I am in revelstoke next week to ride for a couple of days, hopefully the situation is manageable
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

ups and downs
    The webcams at Revelstoke Resort look fairly smoke free

Revelstoke smoke?-webcam-stoke.jpg

Revelstoke smoke?-webcam-outpost.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I was in revelstoke riding this past long weekend and while the sky as certainly not blue as it noramally is, the smoke was not an issue to me while riding and I am a 50 yr old with some extra weight on me.....
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad