Rain tolerant whistler valley trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Rain tolerant whistler valley trails

Which blue and black valley trails hold up well with the amount of rain thatís going on the last day and projected for tomorrow? I donít wanna go out and jack up the trails and or jack myself up...

Nat
    mtbr member
    The weather reports all say ďchance of showersĒ but I look out my condo window and see what would be considered a steady rain where Iím from, ha ha.

Did you ride much yesterday? I got in around 5:00 when the sun came out right before it started raining again.

mtbr member
    I can't think of any blue trails that don't hold up, all of lost lake is fine.

Yummy/foreplay loop, Billy's epic, howler, highside, business time, danimal beaver pass, kill me thrill me, tunnel vision,

I'd really only steer clear of the Blackcomb trails they don't do well.

Also Pemberton holds up real well

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I rode microclimate yesterday...super slick roots and muddy, but fun. Got a couple hrs lift in, then had to go get my flat on my car repaired...was able to get another three hours of lift time in after. Rental bike was mostly mud when I was done, but still had a ton of fun. Did mostly flow trails with a little blue tech thrown in, also a little no joke since it is kinda part of doing my current favorite, Freight train. Worked my way up to Aline and am clearing most of the jumps now...did the rock drop after bailing on it twice. I stood next to it in the trees and watched a bunch of people do it, and after seeing a group of 10-12 y/o boosting off of it, I sacked up and tried it. Smooth as butter.

Did you get much in yesterday?

Nat
    mtbr member
    I rode about four to five hours straight yesterday and today. Iím fully cooked. I was on my trail bike and was wishing I had a DH bike (or at least a bigger fork than my Pike). I donít think that fork will ever be the same after the hammering it got.

I covered most of the blue runs and some of the blacks. The wet roots and muddy rocks on the techie blacks were really sketchy. I did A-line a couple of times then ate it hard on one of the rocky tech sections in the trees near the bottom. After that crash I decided to go easy until I got my shit together.

I really enjoyed Blue Velvet and Heart of Darkness.

The new suspension bridge is pretty cool too. I got up there right before they shut down the Peak Express lift.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I was thinking freight train and blue velvet were my faves...until today. One of my last runs I decided to try Schleyer and ended up sending all the drops, after Seth fro Sethís Bike Hacks on YouTube was scouting the first one and gave me line tips. Really nice guy. Absolutely love that trail. Worked up the courage to send the off camber wood stepdown on clown shoes as well. Aline drop is so much smoother than it looks too....alas, Whistler trip is over, time to get back to real life. Feels like my riding has improved a ton from the four days there.