Radium- Mtbr.com

Thread: Radium

mtbr member
    Apr 2018

Radium

I'm camping at Radium BC for a week later this month. What are the obvious can't miss must do trails in the area. Willing to drive an hour or whatever. I don't get to BC that often.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Don't have much to comment on since I haven't ridden the area very much. But the Loam Ranger just put out a video on Swansea riding area and it looked pretty fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlnwWsc09sg&t=579s
    Straight outta Rossland

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I haven't ridden there a ton, but I know it really depends on what you're looking for. Swansea has some more challenging DH stuff - it gets shuttled more than pedaled I think but we pedaled it (up the singletrack) and we found some great fun on the down.

Panorama has some good lift serviced stuff.

For XC riding the Johnson/Kloosifier area is pretty good. And Nipika has their own network of XC trails in a beautiful setting (there may be a trail fee there) - I'd choose Nipika over Johnson/Kloosifier and if you contact the owners of the resort they'd be very helpful.

I did a day in the Juniper trail network and found it pretty meh - all the rest has some fun.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/in...lon=-116.02945

As I said, I'm no expert on the area, so if someone more familiar chimes in I'd defer to them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    I haven't ridden there a ton, but I know it really depends on what you're looking for. Swansea has some more challenging DH stuff - it gets shuttled more than pedaled I think but we pedaled it (up the singletrack) and we found some great fun on the down.

Panorama has some good lift serviced stuff.

For XC riding the Johnson/Kloosifier area is pretty good. And Nipika has their own network of XC trails in a beautiful setting (there may be a trail fee there) - I'd choose Nipika over Johnson/Kloosifier and if you contact the owners of the resort they'd be very helpful.

I did a day in the Juniper trail network and found it pretty meh - all the rest has some fun.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/in...lon=-116.02945

As I said, I'm no expert on the area, so if someone more familiar chimes in I'd defer to them.
    That's for the response. Is golden worth the drive?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pimp Bro Dude View Post
    That's for the response. Is golden worth the drive?

Yes Golden is worth the drive too...... it's been a while since I rode there but I know it's even better now than when I used to ride it a lot.

mtbr member
    I dont ride xc anymore, just lift access.. i was in Golden late June early July and have been to Invermere/ radium twice this july. The trail head around Invermere/Radium have way more cars parked than the trailheads in Golden. There are tons of trail heads in Golden, all have cars but the Invermere area trails cars are parked on both sides of the road.

Lift access wise Kicking horse when I was there had zero line ups and both a gondola and a quad chair. Whereas Panorama both weekends the lift lines are about 45mins wait with only one quad chair operating. Kicking horse is lower price than Panorama and Kicking horse offers multi day discounts. Kicking horse is steep, and from the gondola longer runs. Seems more people go to Radium/Invermere over Golden. While in Golden every where I went people talked about how great the trails are and the quantity of trails. While in Invermere I havenít heard a single person talk about trails just saw packed trailheads.

Cant say much about the non lift access trails since i havenít been on them. From Radium Golden is about an hour drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by SARguru View Post
    I dont ride xc anymore, just lift access.. i was in Golden late June early July and have been to Invermere/ radium twice this july. The trail head around Invermere/Radium have way more cars parked than the trailheads in Golden. There are tons of trail heads in Golden, all have cars but the Invermere area trails cars are parked on both sides of the road.

Lift access wise Kicking horse when I was there had zero line ups and both a gondola and a quad chair. Whereas Panorama both weekends the lift lines are about 45mins wait with only one quad chair operating. Kicking horse is lower price than Panorama and Kicking horse offers multi day discounts. Kicking horse is steep, and from the gondola longer runs. Seems more people go to Radium/Invermere over Golden. While in Golden every where I went people talked about how great the trails are and the quantity of trails. While in Invermere I havenít heard a single person talk about trails just saw packed trailheads.

Cant say much about the non lift access trails since i havenít been on them. From Radium Golden is about an hour drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tnx. Got back home this past weekend. The riding was good. Swansea was a cool shuttle mountain. Wish I had more time there. The XC trails between invermere and Pano were ok. Just scenic smooth trails. The blues were more like Greens. Kimberley Nordic center was good. Did 3-4 loops around there one day. Hit up the Pano bike park. One day was good for us. Needed rain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    As mentioned Johnson and kloosifier was fun.
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Pimp Bro Dude View Post
    Tnx. Got back home this past weekend. The riding was good. Swansea was a cool shuttle mountain. Wish I had more time there. The XC trails between invermere and Pano were ok. Just scenic smooth trails. The blues were more like Greens. Kimberley Nordic center was good. Did 3-4 loops around there one day. Hit up the Pano bike park. One day was good for us. Needed rain.
    Oh if I knew you'd travel as far as Kimberley I'd have suggested Bootleg Mountain. It's awesome.