Props to Rossland builders- Mtbr.com
    Don't worry, be happy!

Props to Rossland builders

I got to ride the new Tamarack trail this weekend... what a beautiful trail, for many, many different reasons.

mtbr member
    we're planning a trip up to Rossland in a few weeks and we usually just ride Oasis and Whiskey, we'd love to hit some fresh stuff.

Where is this trail at? also any others to check out?

Thanks
    C

Don't worry, be happy!
    Oasis is now closed. Tamarack is on the NEW map. I'm a techhy xc-ish rider so I don't know if I am the best person to ask. Plus, I am a tourist, really. Best to ask the locals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chazreign
    we're planning a trip up to Rossland in a few weeks and we usually just ride Oasis and Whiskey, we'd love to hit some fresh stuff.

Thanks
    C
    Did someone say local knowledge? I should really change my MTBR handle someday.

As Formica says, Oasis is permanently closed due to land owner issues. Please don't poach it because the same land owner has property other trails touch on and.... well, he's a grumpy old man. 'Nuff said.

If Whiskey is your cup of tea you could ride/drive further up that road and access The Flume or Whoopi-de-doo, double blacks with major built stunts. Bring skills and/or valid health insurance. The shuttle pick-up point is near the Patterson border crossing SW of town, ask at the shop.

For a technical XC trail try Full Monte, accessed off TechnoGrind. It has a few skinnies but is otherwise well crafted incorporating natural features. Considerably less burly than upper Whisky but still a rock-crawler in places, it's suitable for any bike that can be pedalled uphill. Just for kicks sometimes I take my lightweight SS on it, makes for an almost trials-like challenge on a few sections, off the saddle for 99% of the trail.
    Last edited by calgarydave; 06-02-2010 at 09:36 AM.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Yes Dave - why on earth are you still Calgary? BTW we're visiting this year and slumming with Diplock and spooner
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chazreign

Thanks
    C
    i was taken on a half-whiskey half-cherry poppins ride which was a lot of fun...go buy a new map for $10 in the bike shop and you'll see it on there. put packing tape on all folds of the map or else it'll disintegrate within one ride

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Trail Map

Hi- I am happy to send you a Trail Map in advance of your trip to Rossland if you would like to send me your mailing address to [email protected]

Don't worry, be happy!
    I joined the KTS and have two now. I think I have at least one of every version that has come out so far.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    there was a good trail day on sat...turned out pretty good. i got to help build a rock wall and played rock b**ch for the day...luckily you don't have to go too far from the trail to find rocks!

Don't worry, be happy!
    LOL singlespeed on Full Monte, I just read that...

mtbr member
    I'm looking forward to driving down to Rossland in a few weeks for a change of scenery, got to see what their trailbuilders have been up to!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xcolin
    there was a good trail day on sat...turned out pretty good. i got to help build a rock wall and played rock b**ch for the day...luckily you don't have to go too far from the trail to find rocks!
    You were there too? That trail rides nice now that the rain has packed it down. But enough with this rain already, we need some biking weather.

Fire me a PM if you live in town and want to hook up for a ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The word on the 7S opening day this year is it's likely going to be mid-July unless we get some smokin' hot weather soon. All this cold and rainy weather is preventing snowmelt, even dropping a bit of fresh up high some nights.

Now if we had this precip as snow in January we wouldn't be so grumpy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by formica
    LOL singlespeed on Full Monte, I just read that...
    It's not as bad as it sounds but still gets a WTF stare when another rider realizes it's a SS, not the weapon of choice around here. I'd love to have enough time to ride the SS more on these trails, I'd have frog legs after one season.

mtbr member
    Any Pics ??

Members who have read this thread: 0