Prince George Trail Conditions?- Mtbr.com
    I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005

Prince George Trail Conditions?

Hey everyone, looking for riders from Prince George on this one.

I'm heading out to the Otway Challenge this weekend, and I was checking the forecast. It's calling for some rain leading up to and possibly during the event (although you can never trust the weatherman anyways...). Just wondering what the trails are like around Prince George, and if it's the kind of trail that can get super mucky and gross if it rains, or if they just get more tacky unless it pours?

I guess what I'm getting at, is should I bother to bring my aggressive mud tires that are no good in anything except complete mud bogs?
    Otherwise I'm running my regular Racing Ralph's for this one.

What do you guys think? Thanks for any replies.
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

Subject to Whimsy
    Dec 2009
    I wish I could help but I don't know those trails at all.
    Did you try these guys?:http://pgcyclingclub.ca/ They're sponsoring the event.
    I'm curious about how it goes so post up after the race.

I'm Riding It
    Apr 2005
    Not a bad event. Smaller than what I'm used to for # of racers.
    The weather was perfect for racing. 10 degrees. I love that, no overheating, but not cold enough that you need to bundle up. The race was a little mucky, and I was talking to locals at the start and they were all telling me horror stories about how muddy it would be. When I started, sure, it was muddy, but not even close to some races I have done. The corners were pretty slick on some descents, and there were a few mud-puddles that covered the bike, but it was the wet kind of mud that doesn't clog stuff up as much as opposed to the thick clingy mud I have encountered around Edmonton sometimes that gunks up everything.
    All in all, it was definitely a fun event. Such a long drive though, don't think I would be willing to do that again unless I had the Monday after off of school.

Full race report's on my blog in the signature.
    www.bikeride.ca
    Alberta born-n-raised mountain bike racer.

Members who have read this thread: 0