Planning A Whistler Trip- Mtbr.com
    Death By Snoo Snoo

Planning A Whistler Trip

Hi fellas, we are planning a Whistler trip this summer and wanted to get an idea of when the best time to go. I went to http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike/ and checked out the weekly postings and it looked like they had a wet july... I heard late august and sept are good. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

conjoinicorned
    i prefer early to mid august riding in BC cause it can get really nice and hot and dry.

i don't think that august/september is necessarily any drier than june/july, though.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

Mar 2006
    I was lucky enough to do a downhill run at Whistler when I was younger, one of those guided up-the-gondola-then-down-once things. It was a lot of fun, but it was raining. I can't remember what month it was though, sorry, it was a long time ago.

I'm jealous; it would be great to go back and actually ride the local trails rather than just the 'resort' rides. Are you making your way to the North Shore too?

Death By Snoo Snoo
    we are still in the research phase so I am not exactly sure where everything is up there. We are hoping to do lift assisted runs... is the north shore within the same area as the Whistler resort?

Quote Originally Posted by greer
    I was lucky enough to do a downhill run at Whistler when I was younger, one of those guided up-the-gondola-then-down-once things. It was a lot of fun, but it was raining. I can't remember what month it was though, sorry, it was a long time ago.

I'm jealous; it would be great to go back and actually ride the local trails rather than just the 'resort' rides. Are you making your way to the North Shore too?

conjoinicorned
    the shore is roughly an hour from whistler.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    What type of riding do you want to do exactly?? We have something for everyone here in whistler. There is the bikepark on Whistler mtn with lift assisted riding or you can even ride up whistler if so desired.

We also have 100's of km of sweet and epic singletrack.

The north shore is down in Vancouver. That is 1.5 hours to the south of whistler on a good driving day.

Weather can do anything at any time espically these days with all the changes we seem to be experiencing worldwide. However for some reason the dryest and sunniest days seem to occur after July 15. Not that we won't have lots of fabulous days before then but for some reason July 15 seems to be when summer realy begins here.

So come on out and enjoy all that Whistler has to offer. You can still ski/board til the end of july up on Blackcomb glacier too.

Death By Snoo Snoo
    Well, for this particular trip i think we want to do the lift assisted stuff. If I was able to spend more time there I would love to do the epic singletrack but with only 3 days of riding I think i will be too beat to do anything else if i did a whole lot of climbing. The bikes we will be riding are like heavy duty trail bikes not DH specific so we can pedal it if we have too. We like to do technical rocky/rooty singletrack stuff, not too much into jumping or hucking but drop off here and there would be fun.

I can't wait to go, I have heard so many great things from all sorts of riders about Whistler. I wish I could just take two months off and just explore everything you guys have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by skihillguy
    What type of riding do you want to do exactly?? We have something for everyone here in whistler. There is the bikepark on Whistler mtn with lift assisted riding or you can even ride up whistler if so desired.

We also have 100's of km of sweet and epic singletrack.

The north shore is down in Vancouver. That is 1.5 hours to the south of whistler on a good driving day.

Weather can do anything at any time espically these days with all the changes we seem to be experiencing worldwide. However for some reason the dryest and sunniest days seem to occur after July 15. Not that we won't have lots of fabulous days before then but for some reason July 15 seems to be when summer realy begins here.

So come on out and enjoy all that Whistler has to offer. You can still ski/board til the end of july up on Blackcomb glacier too.

Members who have read this thread: 0