Places to park and sleep in a vehicle in Squamish. Also conditions in early May- Mtbr.com
    yep

Places to park and sleep in a vehicle in Squamish. Also conditions in early May

So I may try to do an impromptu weeklong trip to Squamish on the 29th of April, and the only thing I need to figure out is where to camp. I don't really need a campground, just a nice, legal, and if possible convenient place to park and sleep in the back of my truck. The only time I've been in Squamish I stayed at Alice Lake, but I dont know if there will be room this late and I really don't need the amenities of an actual campground.

Also, what can I expect the conditions and weather to be like for the end of April and early May?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    You could probably go to cat lake, pretty close to Alice lake. Rec site, so more low key camping than Alice lake, webpage says fees don't apply until may 1
    http://www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca/Mobil...RDSQ&type=Site

Conditions will be good, possibly raining.

LMN
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    There is lots of places to park. Head up any of the forestry road and find a pull out. I do it for weekend trips all the time.

However, if you are staying for a week, I would use a camp ground. Showers are really, really nice. This is a good one . The Wonderland Valley Resort and Campground
    Owned by some mountain bikers and right at a trail head.
    "The best pace is suicide pace, and today is a good day to die." Steve Prefontaine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LMN View Post
    There is lots of places to park. Head up any of the forestry road and find a pull out. I do it for weekend trips all the time.
    This is also true, suggested cat lake as it would be totally 100% fine, but also when I was riding down there a few days ago a dude was sleeping in his van right at the bottom of half Nelson and I'm sure it was fine.