Pivot Cycles and Canada!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Pivot Cycles and Canada!!!

Pivot Cycles Opens Canadian Distribution with On The Edge

TEMPE, AZ – Pivot Cycles is open for business in Canada. The mountain bike innovator has signed with On The Edge of Quebec to distribute its products to the ten provinces of Canada.

“We are very excited about this partnership. There is a lot of demand for Pivot in Canada and now we can take care of riders with an excellent organization like OTE. They know how to sell high end, technical product, and will represent the brand very well,” said Rob Aguero, Pivot’s international sales manager.

OTE has already begun receiving 2010 Pivot product, including the Mach 4, Mach 5, Mach 429 and Firebird.

The agreement makes OTE the exclusive distributor for Pivot Cycles in Canada. Canadian retailers will no longer be able to buy frames and bikes from Pivot in Arizona. Canadian dealers can contact OTE for information:

On The Edge Canada Inc
    300 ave Galilee
    Quebec Qc
    G1P 4M9
    tel : 418-654-6214
    fax : 418-654-3216
    email : [email protected]
    Last edited by el rob; 11-05-2009 at 12:05 PM.

rides with camera
    That`s cool , they make some pretty wicked bikes !

Saw this one at poison spider late October ...........................sexy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pivot Cycles and Canada!!!-m5_paint.jpg  

Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com

Jan 2008
    Is there a website for this place? Can we build-a-bike online to get weights, prices, etc...? Hopefully us western-Canadians don't get hosed on this "deal".

FOG on a bike
    Jan 2004
    So now we get the OTE markup stacked on top of the LBS markup stacked on top of the exchange rate. Great.

Oh, I'll own one, and soon. But I'll buy it in the States.

mtbr member
    Edit
    Last edited by joshdurston; 09-15-2011 at 06:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'd be riding a 429 right now if I could buy it from the US. As it is, a Sultan is starting to look pretty nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Exclusive distribution can be a pain sometimes. But I've noticed in the last year or two things are starting to get pretty close (especially once you consider possible customs charges etc. - a few years ago I bought a Turner direct, but then got burned for 200-300 by fedex). I dealt with Hardcore bikes in Edmonton for my Yeti (I'm not local - they shipped) - my deal was pretty darn close to the American price. They also deal in Turner and Pivot. I was also considering a Turner - their prices were pretty competitive. Great and helpful shop.

FOG on a bike
    Jan 2004
    I live 30 minutes north of the US border and have both a PO box and a UPS address in Montana. For a bike built in the US all I'd have to pay is GST when I bring it across the line. $150 for a $3000 bike...

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Quote Originally Posted by BowWow View Post
    I live 30 minutes north of the US border and have both a PO box and a UPS address in Montana. For a bike built in the US all I'd have to pay is GST when I bring it across the line. $150 for a $3000 bike...

and brokerage fee either!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have a house in AZ.

No prize for guessing how I'll be getting one!

FOG on a bike
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgprimo View Post
    and brokerage fee either!!!
    That's the biggest problem with shipping into Canada. The shipping companies (UPS, FedEx, etc.) all charge brokerage fees as well as the GST and any duties owed. Gets expensive!

@adelorenzo
    The other thing to consider is shipping it back across the border if you need to do anything with warranty issues. Plus, when you buy your bike at a local shop, they'll usually cover most stuff for the first year. If your brand new shock or fork needs a rebuild, for example.

The cost of one of those events can often eat up whatever money you save getting a bike in the US.

Double-metric mtb man
    Quote Originally Posted by BowWow View Post
    That's the biggest problem with shipping into Canada. The shipping companies (UPS, FedEx, etc.) all charge brokerage fees as well as the GST and any duties owed. Gets expensive!
    I hear you...that's why I try to go to the UK for most of my imports. I orderd a $10 part for something that had to come from the US...add GST, GST brokerage, Customs, Customs brokerage and the bill at the door was $55 (over and above the $10 for the part).
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Double-metric mtb man
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover53 View Post
    Exclusive distribution can be a pain sometimes. But I've noticed in the last year or two things are starting to get pretty close (especially once you consider possible customs charges etc. - a few years ago I bought a Turner direct, but then got burned for 200-300 by fedex). I dealt with Hardcore bikes in Edmonton for my Yeti (I'm not local - they shipped) - my deal was pretty darn close to the American price. They also deal in Turner and Pivot. I was also considering a Turner - their prices were pretty competitive. Great and helpful shop.
    Hardcore is local to me...and they are 100% great guys. When I have something I cannot do on my bike (i.e. facing stuff), I go see them. I've bought from them in the past and, though my current ride was something I put together, I'd have no problems buying from them again in the future. They get the concept of customer service and thery all ride...it shows.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

Members who have read this thread: 0