• 07-23-2006
    Dawgprimo
    5 Attachment(s)
    Pictures from the Sunshine Coast
    Some pictures from a ride on the Sunshine Coast
    The weather was quite HOT but trails were perfect.:thumbsup:
    Around 50 km from the Ferry to the trails and back.
    :cool:
  • 07-24-2006
    jeffscott
    wow

wow
  • 07-25-2006
    CDtofer
    Great looking trails, good to see the newly painted Spot being put to good use.
  • 07-25-2006
    telebiker
    1 Attachment(s)
    good eye CD
    The Spot is a dream to ride, major grin factor! Precise yet forgiving of stoopid rider imput. The custom color adds to sweetness of the ride. What bliss!
  • 07-25-2006
    skihillguy
    nice looking ride..... would be interested in knowing more about the trail route and such. Did you stay overnight or didyou catch the ferry back?
  • 07-25-2006
    Dawgprimo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skihillguy
    nice looking ride..... would be interested in knowing more about the trail route and such. Did you stay overnight or didyou catch the ferry back?

I usually just go over for the day, which means I ride onto the Ferry at Horseshoe Bay and ride from Langdale. Don't have to worry about reservations or anything. You can easily stay the night (lots of B&B, hotels.....) and get 2 days of riding in but I am usually not that well organized........besides shuttling would give you more options for a variety of rides. Even though I love XC and love to climb hills........I would have taken a shuttle up on the weekend if someone would have offered........it was so stink'in HOT. :eek:

As for trails there are many options but they start right from Langdale and go towards Roberts Creek. There is a local map that can be bought at the LBS in Gibsons or at John Henry Bike store in North Vancouver (I believe). Most of the pictures were taken above Roberts Creek except for the last one. That one was at the Bike Park at Langdale.
    I usually ride on the Highway to Roberts Creek (18 km from the Ferry) then up a forestry Road to get on the trails and then ride the trails back down to Langdale.

I hope I answered your questions????If you have any more -->fire away.
  • 07-26-2006
    Psycho Mike
    Dang, I remember that area! I was out to Gibsons and the Sunshine Coast when I was younger...heck, I visited the Salvation Army camp that is just next to the ferry terminal.

That is some pretty sweet riding, I'll agree 100%.
  • 07-30-2006
    Hockeygod
    Nice area but beware the "Creekers!"
  • 07-30-2006
    Dawgprimo
    [QUOTE=Hockeygod]Nice area but beware the "Creekers!"[/QUOTE

Alright I will bite........
    I think I might know but out of curosity what are "Creekers"???;)

:cool: