Penticton:Shatford creek Trail- Mtbr.com

Sep 2004

Penticton:Shatford creek Trail

I went today with some friends and map in hand to ride from Nickel Plate lake rd to the Brent mountain trails. I found a map http://www.rdosmaps.bc.ca/trails/maps/BRENT.pdf that shows a trail from outside the Nickel Plate park boundary to Sheep Rock. We rode the Nickel Plate road past the big rock marking the lake campsite and looked for the red tape or some other sign of the single track, but all we found was 2 turn offs that didnt look like they were the ones according to the map and a new logging rd that came to a T . One of the turn offs had a no snowmobiling sign and the other I think was one of the cross country trail loops I was just wondering of someone who has done this ride can guide me in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I know, ancient post to reply to; but just in case you still live around here and are looking for some Penticton riding;

I've written a 'book' about South Okanagan singletrack - which became an online publication. It currently sports 55 'chapters' of trail information - a jaw-dropping collection of singletrack hiking and biking trails unlike anything you've ever seen before.

I've GPS and Google Earth tracks available for download, as well as NRC Topo' maps of the trails, images and comprehensive trail descriptions.

The site is updated almost monthly with new trails - I'd say that its the largest of it's kind in Western Canada, if not the country as a whole...!

Check it out at sweet singletrack dot ca

Andrew D.