Panorama- Mtbr.com

Thread: Panorama

mtbr member

Panorama

Going to Panorama this Aug.
    Never been before...How are the trails and such there?
    Anything else to do around there?...nitelife, rafting...etc.

conjoinicorned
    panorama is nice, better every year. i haven't been there this year yet, but last year it was fun stuff.

across from the ski hill is mt. swansea, great shuttle/hike up trail with good flow and berms. the invermere beach is nice and usually houses a ton of girls, the fairmont hot springs are up the road a bit and usually a fun time.

there is rafting http://www.panoramarafting.com/ the river is really fun around there.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    Thanks.
    I'll be staying there for a week so I'll have plenty of time to check things out.
    Ivermere has a beach? Onto a river or lake?
    I won't have a car out there as a bunch of us are renting a motor coach and heading down from Winnipeg.
    I heard there was a trail that runs down the mountain into Ivermere and something. This true?

conjoinicorned
    the beach is on lake windermere, fun lake all sorts of boat and jetski rentals if you're into that.

there are trails everywhere, i can't remember the name of the local LBS but they are really nice they'll tell you whatever you need to know.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    I won't have a car out there as a bunch of us are renting a motor coach and heading down from Winnipeg.

I believe I'm on that same trip, although I'm driving from Edmonton. I'm looking foreward to it very much and want to cram as much bike time as I can stand.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle

I believe I'm on that same trip, although I'm driving from Edmonton. I'm looking foreward to it very much and want to cram as much bike time as I can stand.
    Hey dude how ya liking Edmonton? Lots more riding I'm sure than Wpg.
    My buddy blew out the seals on that RS Psylo you sold him. No biggy as he's extremely rough on his gear.
    See ya out at Panorama.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    This might be helpful. LeeL posted this orginally posted this site, was easy to send for and free.
    (hopefully this works.......)
    http://www.kootenayrockies.com/membe...vacations.html

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlar
    I heard there was a trail that runs down the mountain into Ivermere and something. This true?
    That might be the Paradise Mine trail...from what I understand you have to climb an old mine road (I don't know if its shuttle-able to the top or not) that is across the valley from Panorama. Apparently its something like 5000+ feet vertical and 20ish miles long.

Check out Rob's Bicycle Works in Invermere for info. 250-342-7231 Theyre on the left hand side of the road just after the first 3-way (4-way?) stop as you come into downtown Invermere....I think..

Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle

ya can give me a ride, sniff sniff...please

j/k when in august you guys heading out i might head out like 23 of august area, when i finally get my car

mtbr member
    Awesome link...thanks Didn't know there were some many know trail systems in BC. Need to get out more

roots, rocks, rhythm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlar
    Awesome link...thanks Didn't know there were some many know trail systems in BC. Need to get out more
    Make sure you go to the heading and click on infocentre -->contact us --> and then order the your Kootenay Rookies Visitor Guide specially the Bike Vacations. Excellent info and it is FREE!!!!!. It takes about a week or 2 and I got my info.

Members who have read this thread: 0