in ONE day in British Columbia- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2018

in ONE day in British Columbia

First of all, hello to everybody and sorry for my bad english!

I'm a spaniard rider who will visit british columbia for a week, but Im not going to travel alone (that's my honeymoon trip..lol), so I just have the chance for cycling just one day. I'm used to enjoy enduro singletracks (around 15-20miles) and cycloalpinism routes twice per week. I'm not a bikepark fanatic...but some fun there can be nice too.

Could someone recommend me a place to enjoy one nice riding journey in BC? I was thinking about spend one day in Whistler...or maybe Beamish Area or North Vancouver. I live in a desert area and I always dreamt about ride in ferns and huge trees forests....also I'll have to rent a bike and require the services of a tour mtb guide.

Any recommendation of locals will be welcomed.
    Thanks in advance!

ups and downs
    Squamish, definitely Squamish.

You can rent bikes in Squamish within riding distance of the trails, and grab a trail map, the trails are marked well enough you could get by without a guide.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/al...ke--highlands/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails in ONE day in British Columbia-035.jpg  

in ONE day in British Columbia-055.jpg  

in ONE day in British Columbia-036.jpg  

I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Second Squamish.

Leave of Absence, Angry Midget, Another Man's Gold, Somewhere Over There, Rupert, Room with a View, Hueso, Boney Elbows, all trails I'd recommend.......but you can't go wrong with much in Squamish.
    Straight outta Rossland

mtbr member
    One day one ride, Lord of the squirrels in Whistler would be a good one too, or bike park. Your ride fantasy of ferns big trees and stuff would be slightly better met in Squamish, or the sunshine coast maybe.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Thanks a lot for the tips Rockyuphill! those Squamish's pics are stunning...

CptSydor thanks the track's names. I'll try find them on trailfork website or anywhere to use my garmin. I'm used to work with it every weekend.

Thanks to Kevin267 too, your comments are making me think that maybe it will be possible to spend half day in Squamish and half day in Wishtler...really it's not a easy decision....lol. I'll have to make a deal with my travel partner...

I was thinking to do the top of the world downhill...is it too much hard? maybe I can be regreting after 4 miles of have started it...

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    TOTW downhill is fun and worth it for alpine views and the big descents. But it won't fulfill your dreams of ferns and huge trees.

If you want ferns and big trees I suggest calling these people up

endlessbiking.com

or essentialcycles.com.

Pay the money for a guided trip and you'll get to see some super cool terrain
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post
    TOTW downhill is fun and worth it for alpine views and the big descents. But it won't fulfill your dreams of ferns and huge trees.

endlessbiking.com

or essentialcycles.com.

Thanks for the info! Ill think about it

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by eljamaroso View Post
    Thanks for the info! Ill think about it
    Squamish or North Shore. You can't go wrong with either. Mt Fromme is very easy as you just climb a long fire road and pick whatever trail you are interested in.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ivansf View Post
    Squamish or North Shore. You can't go wrong with either. Mt Fromme is very easy as you just climb a long fire road and pick whatever trail you are interested in.
    Thanks a lot Ivansf, finally Ill need 3 days instead just one...lol (Whistler, Squamish and north vancouver as you told me)

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeL View Post

endlessbiking.com

or essentialcycles.com.

Do this. You'll get lost/waste time finding your way in Squish.

Dirty minded
    Nov 2008
    Squamish is fun! There is also amazing riding in Nelson! And a new shuttle service that can maximize your enjoyment there. You can talk to Travis Hauck with Kootenay Mountain Biking Nelson shuttle service about guided or shuttled riding. Travis hooked me up last year, it was amazing. Also a great little town that your wife may also enjoy!
    [email protected]

mtbr member
    Good afternoon, my name is Edward , and do not be afraid for your English, as I am from Russia and my English is also quite bad .
    I advise you to visit the quiet but beautiful downtown Vancouver. I think this is a wonderful place for an interesting trip. This center has both architectural and cultural values.

I wish you all the best.
    Bike my life