Northern Alberta riding.- Mtbr.com

Oct 2005

Northern Alberta riding.

Does anyone know of any trails located anywhere in between Valleyview and High level alberta? Any type of trail, anywhere will do will do-maybe some more technical xc or something that has been built up for free riding. I travel alot in northern ab and stop at various towns and parks that look promising, mostly it's dead ends though, but fun trying.... Anyway that would be cool if anyone had advice, thanks.

Oct 2005

try athabasca!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=shannymangos]Does anyone know of any trails located anywhere in between Valleyview and High level alberta? Any type of trail, anywhere will do will do-maybe some more technical xc or something that has been built up for free riding. I travel alot in northern ab and stop at various towns and parks that look promising, mostly it's dead ends though, but fun trying.... Anyway that would be cool if anyone had advice, thanks.[/QUOT
    Dont know of anything in that area but i would definatly check out athabasca/athabasca river valley. NIce trails, loads of wildlife and decent vertical.
    later,

Oct 2005
    Woah, that's far!! I guess I mean north west of Valleyview the high way going towards the territories. But I will definately put Athabasca on my list of great albertan rides to check-out, It is kind of on my way to Edmonton in a back ass sort of way. sweet

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

grande prairie

There is some good riding just south of Grande Prairie. It is an hour or so out of your way. There is good, fast, not too technical trails at the Nordic Centre and across the Hiway 40 in the "Dunes". PM me if you are interested in directions/routes or talk to the people at 4 Word bike Shop (100Ave&102ST).

mtbr member
    In grande prairie there are a couple of short built up freeride trails and on the river a few short dh runs.

Oct 2005
    mmm sweet, Ive heard of the one trail, Cooks? Where are the other dh and freeride trails?

wpg then, van now
    It's been a while since I was there, but if you are heading from GP to Fairview, just before you head down that big dip (so south of that bridge), there was a small ski hill on the left. I stopped there and saw trails, but didn't have a bike with me - might be worth a call to the people there.

mtbr member
    Well that is preety well the only trail lol. we built a trail close to the water treatment plant but just recently it got wrecked along with all of the other trails in that area.

Members who have read this thread: 0