New to racing VANCOUVER- Mtbr.com
    new specialized enduro :)

New to racing VANCOUVER

G'day all,

Some may remember that I'm living in Vancouver (Specifically Dunbar St and West 29th Ave - 5-10 mins from UBC) for the year 2009. I'd like to ge involved in the Vancouver racing scene in Junior Mens Class (or equivilant - I'm 18 y.o. atm). My only previous racing experiance was the 2006 BC Provincial High School XC MTB Ch'ship in Whistler (last time I was in Canada). I have access to a van but would prefer to avoid the ferry ride to the island if I can avoid it.

I am willing to ride Olypic XC, Marathon XC, 3,6,8,12, and, 24 hour races, Super D, CX and some of the less crazy DH stuff. Slalom and 4X seem a bit sketchy tbh. Organising time off for longer stage races would be difficult, but generally my employer is extremely flexible. Entry fees arent an issue.

I'm not expecting to win events, just looking forward to be competitive amongst my class and have a good time.
    Which events should I be looking to enter? And is anybody willing to accompany a noob through a raceweekend?

(sorry for the long post)
    Cheers in advance

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    Go to: www.nsmb.com (North Shore Mountain Biking.com)it's more geared to the North Shore area (Vancouver)

ups and downs
    Even better, visit the Cycling BC website, it's the sanctioning body for races

http://www.cyclingbc.net/

2009 BC Cup Series

http://www.cyclingbcmtb.ca/itoolkit....ES_09CEK483303
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

slaving away in paradise
    Apr 2005
    ^ It's ok, but it'll miss events/races like the North Shore Ripper, and other non-bc cup type
    races, no?

ups and downs
    They also have an overall race calendar that includes all MTB races that are sanctioned events, including North Shore Bike Fest.

http://www.cyclingbcmtb.ca/itoolkit....=RACE_CALENDAR
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Australia
    G'day all,

Some may remember that I'm living in Vancouver (Specifically Dunbar St and West 29th Ave - 5-10 mins from UBC) for the year 2009. I'd like to ge involved in the Vancouver racing scene in Junior Mens Class (or equivilant - I'm 18 y.o. atm). My only previous racing experiance was the 2006 BC Provincial High School XC MTB Ch'ship in Whistler (last time I was in Canada). I have access to a van but would prefer to avoid the ferry ride to the island if I can avoid it.

I am willing to ride Olypic XC, Marathon XC, 3,6,8,12, and, 24 hour races, Super D, CX and some of the less crazy DH stuff. Slalom and 4X seem a bit sketchy tbh. Organising time off for longer stage races would be difficult, but generally my employer is extremely flexible. Entry fees arent an issue.

I'm not expecting to win events, just looking forward to be competitive amongst my class and have a good time.
    Which events should I be looking to enter? And is anybody willing to accompany a noob through a raceweekend?

(sorry for the long post)
    Cheers in advance
    Hey Im living in dunbar and 23th, Im still recovering for a knee cirgury I had 1 year ago, of course I can ride but not as hard as before, so if you need company or help in your stuffs (basic mechanics, coocking), etc, just tell me I have plenty of time and will.

take care

Members who have read this thread: 0