Need place to crash Sun 6/18 and Mon 6/19 Whistler/Vancouver- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Need place to crash Sun 6/18 and Mon 6/19 Whistler/Vancouver

Hey all,

Like many other's I'm heading out to Whistler for the IMBA Summit/World Mountainbike Conference, but I'm coming into Vancouver Sunday evening. I've got a place to stay in Whistler Tue-Wed-Thurs nights, but need someplace to crash (and ride!) Sun-Mon nights.

I'm from Boulder, Colorado and I'm just finishing up my graduate degree - hence the begging instead of just ponying up for a place to stay. I hope to avoid a car rental and use the shuttle to get to Whistler. I'm happy to stay in Whistler the whole time or find a place in Vancourver to stay. I just want to make sure I can get some riding in Monday and Tuesday before the conference begins.

Will compensate in beer and good company (at least it'll be good after a few beers).

Let me know if you've got a place and are willing to let me use a spot on your floor/couch.

Jason

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    here's gonna be lots of riding during the conference as well...so don't think it's just a stuffy conference....... we live to ride in whistler. And you'll get a chance to race in the local loonie race

mtbr member
    Yeah, I'll be up for the 5:30 am ride everyday. I also heard there's a shop ride Monday's, which I'll probably attend. So if you win the race do you get a loonie? That'd be one sweet cash box!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    the early morning rides usually are rides up the mtn....no not using the lifts...pedalling up through the trails.
    Monday night rides are the Wild Willies rides. Different categories for different ability levels. Great rides. Then beer and food follows.

Winners of the loonie races split a pot of money from entries. So usdually each winner gets about $50. But you got to remember the elite athletes use the loonie races as training rides...so you better be fast....
    As for cheap places to stay there are a couple of hostels that are cheap!!!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Unrelated Tire Recommendation Question: I too will be at the conference and intend on riding a day or two in Vancouver, Squamish, and Whistler. Last year I ran BIG tires for shuttling Whistler and Squamish, which worked great. But I suffered on trail rides. What do you recommend for do all tire. I ride a Turner 6 pack. Just curious what a "local" rider uses for good all around recommendation. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0