Mt. Washington or Gold River eh?- Mtbr.com

Jun 2005

Mt. Washington or Gold River eh?

I'll be heading over to vancouver island in a while and am wondering if I should ride Gold River, Or Mt. Washington. I'd like to ride trails that really represent the "north shore" experience, you know bridges and wood work, all that. Also, we dont have a bike rack, so i guess there would need to be a shuttle in Gold River. Any bike shop recommendations would also be appreciated, as we need to rent bikes.

Thanks,
    Mike

Gear Whore
    I would hit up GR...some sick riding up there from what I have seen, also Cumberland has some great riding as well (forbidden is amazing...but you would need a guid). There are a few shops in the Comox Valley areay, DCC being my favourite, but I do not think there is one in GR....

Anyway I created a page on my site that lists all the bike shops on the island that I know of seperated by city/town. I also have a gallery set up for different regions of the island...but it is lacking at the moment...if you take any photos, please feel free to upload them.

Link to the bike shops page:
    http://pedalhounds.com/modules.php?n...iewlink&cid=18

Enjoy your trip to the island, there is some amazing riding and not alot of it is widely publicized so I would talk to the shops.

Apr 2004
    I know this will be too late but why not do Mt Washington? I was just there a few day ago, it rocked! The best part: It was half the price of Whistler and I was only one of six people on the entire mountain. Talk about feeling like it was my own little piece of heaven. There are some stunts and boardwalks but nothing like Northshore but hey it ain't the Northshore, it's Mt Washington. The trail ratings were a little more hardcore than Whistler because they don't really have a 2X blackdiamond. It's a little steeper and rockier than Whistler, too. The blue runs reminded me of the single blacks at Whistler.

Better yet why not do Mt Wahington and GR? Now that would be heaven.