Mountain biking at Fortress. Make it happen.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Mountain biking at Fortress. Make it happen.

Hey guys,

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Fortres...in-Biking.html

I just read this on pinkbike and sent a letter to the e-mail expressing my interest regarding mountain biking at Fortress Mountain. Most riders in the Calgary area have probably already heard of the possibilty of lift accessed riding at Fortress.

If there is enough interest in riding at Fortress, we might end up with a great new place for riding. We need more terrain and COP and Moose Mountain are not enough for freeriders. There is a need for more xc type trails also. We have the mountains in our back yard and need to take advantage of it. Now is our chance. Let these guys hear how interested you are. I feel Fortress should cater to both freeriders and xc, as to appeal to a larger demographic.

Send your comments to this e-mail. [email protected]

Volunteer work will be key in getting a place like Fortress up and running. If you guys send them an e-mail and don't mind volunteering, let them know. Who knows, with enough interest, we might be able to get some trails built up there this summer. Unlikely, but possible.

Fortress is only an hour from Calgary, so this is a great opportunity. There is great terrain at Fortress, and I am stoked for the possibility of this happening.

Be heard.

Formerly DMR For Life
    done that would be great...then we wouldn't have to go to BC to get lift accessable DH/FR riding
    DMR

May 2005

will do

I did hear that it was a possibility so I will send and e-mail for sure..it would kick a$$ to have that so close to home. K

Members who have read this thread: 0