Mount Washington vs Whistler- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Mount Washington vs Whistler

We're heading to Vancouver Island in early August. My boys really want to go to Whistler but I see that Mount Washington is opening their bike park in mid July. Has anyone there heard anything about their new park? My boys really like riding downhill with jumps. I want to stay on the island and check it out along with trails in Cumberland but this may be our only chance to ride in Whistler. Not sure what to do. Any comment or suggestions?

ups and downs
    No comparison for scale and range of trails, Whistler wins hands down over most bike parks on the planet.

Mt.Washington has been on hiatus for 3 years so they are starting over for trail building and buffing this spring. But Whistler is hosting Crankworx August 12-21, so the place will be packed from the 10th to 21st. And Mt.Washington will be about half the price for a lift ticket and have smaller crowds.

https://www.mountwashington.ca/bike.html

Mount Washington MTB Biking Trails | Trailforks

Crankworx » Whistler

I haven't been to Mt.Washington since a very cold and wet July in 2007 for the Canadian National MTB Championships.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mount Washington vs Whistler-2007_0721dissy0002.jpg  

Mount Washington vs Whistler-2007_0721dissy0048.jpg  

Last edited by rockyuphill; 07-06-2016 at 04:30 PM.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    I know a couple of the guys building the trails on Mt Washington and it's going to be a mix. Not a lot compered to Whistler, but then Cumberland isn't the shit show that Whistler is. I'm sure there will be some jumps but I doubt it will compare. Depends on what kind of vacation you want. I prefer the cool vibe in Cumberland as opposed to the pretentious ski resort feel. That said, the riding is great. I've lived in Cumberland for 3 years, am heading out for a ride in 1 hour, and am one excited 58 year old.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member
    'only chance' to ride Whistler, take it. I've ridden both bike parks lots (grew up on the island, but lived in Whistler the last 5 years), mt wash is fun but doesn't compare at all.