Moose Packers is unrideable- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    398

    Moose Packers is unrideable

    Hi everyone,

    I was out hiking near moosepackers on Saturday. As I went along the ridge and passed the turnoff for Moosepackers I noticed a downed tree. So I went in to check it out. I couldn't see more than 5' of trail before the next tree. I had to go about 50' below the trail to make it through. This is where I ran into some downhillers coming back. They had gone all the way to the switchbacks before turning around.

    There has to be between 50 - 100 trees that were blown down across the trail. Enough that I couldn't hike along the trail forget about ride it.

    Has anyone heard anything about this or fixing it?

  2. #2
    roots, rocks, rhythm
    Reputation: Dawgprimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    702
    Great trail.
    To bad about the condition.
    Is it not in the Provincial Park responsibilty to cleanup?
    (Had to ask the dumb question)


  3. #3
    commutin' Canuck
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgprimo
    Great trail.
    To bad about the condition.
    Is it not in the Provincial Park responsibilty to cleanup?
    (Had to ask the dumb question)

    I actually hiked/biked it a few months ago, and it is extremely bad.

    here's a bad portion:



    and an even worse one (yes, that's supposed to be a trail):



    no idea if anyone's been out to fix it

  4. #4

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    271
    Let's hope it's good to go by summer..... Kona

  5. #5
    Formerly DMR For Life
    Reputation: Full Mountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    989
    we should get together a bunch of people in spring and clear it out

    we could make short work of it it there were 10 people out there

    DMR

  6. #6

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR For Life
    we should get together a bunch of people in spring and clear it out

    we could make short work of it it there were 10 people out there

    DMR
    Thar is such a good idea..i'd be in and for sure know a few guys that would come out to help!!

  7. #7
    Formerly DMR For Life
    Reputation: Full Mountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    989
    do any of them have chain saws?
    We'll have to plan something when spring gets closer
    I was trying to find a map of the area but couldn't do you know of one
    I'll try and contact the CMBA and see if they are plannning anything on it
    DMR

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR For Life
    do any of them have chain saws?
    We'll have to plan something when spring gets closer
    I was trying to find a map of the area but couldn't do you know of one
    I'll try and contact the CMBA and see if they are plannning anything on it
    DMR
    Actually I think that one of them does..but CMBA usually does do some knid of clean up in the spring....let me know K

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    398

    Great idea!

    Revy and Home depot rent chain saws.

    But we should also contact the rangers out there so that they don't think we are building ramps...

    I'd love to come out and help get it ridable again!

  10. #10
    Formerly DMR For Life
    Reputation: Full Mountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    989
    i haven't heard anything from CBMA specifally regarding moose packers....but i was thinking of doing it around late april early may...maybe some of you can enlighten me to the conditions that time of year out there
    DMR

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by DMR For Life
    i haven't heard anything from CBMA specifally regarding moose packers....but i was thinking of doing it around late april early may...maybe some of you can enlighten me to the conditions that time of year out there
    DMR
    I just sent CBMA an email to find out if they are organizing anything. Since they did the cleanup at Sulphur Springs they should have a bunch of information at least.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.