Moose Packers Ridgeline- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Moose Packers Ridgeline

Rode pneuma, moose packer Ridgline....

Much drier than Tom Snow...

Upper pneuma and Moose packers still snowy.

Ridgeline is a great addition.

Off the back...
    Glad you enjoyed it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I see Ridgeback is now connected to Moose packers. Anybody know where this connection point is? Point of reference.
    Last edited by stokes; 09-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.

mtbr member
    You cannot miss the junction.
    Just after the log drop on Moosepackers you arrive at the cutblock/wellsite clearing. You will be approaching a slight rise towards the road. immediately on your right you will see the Ridgeback trail.
    Ride On

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Thanks, that's what I figured.

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by stokes
    Thanks, that's what I figured.
    after the first ridgeback section (descent) you'll hit the tom snow again. ride for a very short distance, the second ridgeback is on the left (climb, loooong descent). you'll end up back on the tom snow...ride to the wooden bridge, then immediately after the bridge there will be a well worn right turn. don't miss this section of ridgeback...it avoids the big tom snow climb!
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I thought upper ridgeline went from the Last ESD station on the road (just before the descent to moose trail) over the peak, then down to the turn off from mosse trail to moose packers.

Then you got the first cutoff from the ESD station to Tom Snow (upper mid ridgeline), then mid ridgeline, then lower ridgeline...

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott
    I thought upper ridgeline went from the Last ESD station on the road (just before the descent to moose trail) over the peak, then down to the turn off from mosse trail to moose packers.

Then you got the first cutoff from the ESD station to Tom Snow (upper mid ridgeline), then mid ridgeline, then lower ridgeline...
    not quite sure what you even mean here...

there is no "moose trail" regardless of what you have personally chosen to name the area. from the top, there is moose packers (ends at compressor stn.), then the access road, then the tom snow.

and now there is ridgeback.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ferday
    not quite sure what you even mean here...

there is no "moose trail" Well then the Moose Mountain Hiking trail from the road to the mountain peakregardless of what you have personally chosen to name the area.Yeah Moose Trail for short from the top, there is moose packers (ends at compressor stn.)What??? after the moose packers switch backs there is a pipeline ESD station is at the junction with ridgeline not a compressor station, then the access road, then the tom snow.

and now there is ridgebackNope new trail from the road to moosepackers exists .
    So lets try again go up the main Moose Mountain access road...approx 400m before the Moose Mountain Trail, turn right and go to a pipeline ESD station. Circle around the pipeline ESD station and climb the new trail to the summit of the peak ESE from the junction of the Moose Mountain Road and the Moose Mountain Trail.

Descend the new trail from the summit of the peak heading NE to the junction of Moose Mountain Trail , and Moose Packers....

That is what I am calling upper Ridgline (cause it follows the ridge).

conjoinicorned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott
    So lets try again go up the main Moose Mountain access road...approx 400m before the Moose Mountain Trail, turn right and go to a pipeline ESD station. Circle around the pipeline ESD station and climb the new trail to the summit of the peak ESE from the junction of the Moose Mountain Road and the Moose Mountain Trail.

Descend the new trail from the summit of the peak heading NE to the junction of Moose Mountain Trail , and Moose Packers....

That is what I am calling upper Ridgline (cause it follows the ridge).

that new trail is the top part of Pnuema, the descent on the rocky ridge is dubbed the 'pneuma DH' by the cmba folks. upper ridgeline is immediately at the ESD on moose packers.

The ESD where you turn onto pnuema is the special k start point as well.

yah ESD, not compressor station....my bad.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    WTF GMFC you guys are confusing me Maybe it's the Vodka?

And I've been riding that mountain for 20 years.

I'll follow the map tomorrow morning Stick right at the gas hut coming off of Moosepackers.

I rode the lower part after the bridge a few times last year , I just noticed the upper portion on the map a few weeks ago. Thumbs up to those guys who have been sweating on the construction of those trails. Pneuma has got to be the best uphill ride on the eastern slopes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Well that was fun, I haven't ridden the last section of Pneuma before. The last few hundred meters as it drops down to Moosepackers isn't exactly a cross country trail, just a few sharp rocks

Ridgeback!

First section off of Moosepackers is just what the doctor ordered! Sure beats that gravel road down to Tom Snow.

Second section also an excellent ride instead of riding in the Tom Snow gutter.

Third section after the bridge... meh...still an alternative to Tom Snow

Forth Section ..good way to finish.

Members who have read this thread: 0