Looking for tips for trip to Whistler- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Looking for tips for trip to Whistler

Any accommodation recommendations? Preferably with secure bike storage or allow bikes in room. Also wondering if it's a good idea to bring food and alcohol with us? Any help would be great.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Need a little more info to give you some ideas. How many people? Budget? In the village?
    I was just there with famly. Stayed at the Tantalus Lodge after taxes about $155 USD per night, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, full kitchen, secure parking that costs $15/day (I got them down to $8/day b/c the reservations and other hotel info said nothing about paying for parking), secure bike storage rooms, pool and hot tub.. It's a short walk to the Whistler gondola. They allowed bikes up to the room and I cable locked mine on the balcony. We'd stay there again.
    Beer/alcohol is expensive in Canada. I think you can bring a case of beer or a liter of liquor per person into Canada and you should confirm that for yourself.
    We brought some food, i.e., snacks, soda, gatorade and fruit. We picked up other perishable items at the grocery store there.
    Hope this helps. We had a great time.

roots, rocks, rhythm
    You got to be more specific.
    There is fair amount of info if you do a search............

As for security for the bike. DON"T LEAVE it out of your site!
    Would be my suggestion.
    You will have to check where you are staying what there rules are and what they have for secure storage. I myself prefer the bike in the room idea.
    As for food - lots of restaurants, there is a grocery store and liquor store.
    Food can be expensive but what do you expect your in Whistler!!!!!

Have Fun!!

Air Pirate
    Just stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort in the Village. It was $149.00 a night during the week right after Crankworx for a Deluxe Studio, which included a full kitchen (with dishes, pots, utensils), in-room washer/dryer, fireplace and air conditioning, a queen bed and a double murphy bed. The fridge in the kitchen was full size, so if you plan on bringing lots of beverages you can fit it all in.

Secured parking was $15.00, but it was available until 6 pm after we checked out. I think they had some secure storage for bikes, but we rolled ours right up to the room and kept them on the balcony (4th floor). There were at least 4 other rooms with their bikes front wheels hanging over the balcony railing, so I figured it was okay to do this (we actually didn't ask, but we passed several hotel employees on the way up the elevator with the bikes and they didn't say a word against it.)

mtbr member
    Awesome thanks for all the advice guys.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I just got back from whistler yesterday ... we stayed at the Hilton but it was on the parents dime so im not sure how much it was.

The hotel was nice (kinda old inside) but they had bike storage / pools / hot tubs / sauna etc... its literally as close as you could be to the lift...

I rented my bike from Summit bikes (biggest store it seemed) and i had a blast...

I posted some helmet cam vids from some of the better runs...

http://tripxamerica.com/2009/09/01/whistler-bike-park/
    www.garabaghi.com
    more photos
    www.tripxamerica.com
    Reviews by riders.

Hifi => Ex 9. Thank you warranty.

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    funny you say the Hilton looked "old" on the inside when it just got renovated last year.....

mtbr member
    thanks for the help ended up finding a 5 star place in the village for 80 a night. Now the question is does anyone want to ride next week?

Members who have read this thread: 0