Looking for Suggestions for North Vancouver Gnar riding for this weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Looking for Suggestions for North Vancouver Gnar riding for this weekend

I will be coming up for the weekend and have never gotten to ride Vancouver area. I have always gone straight to Whistler. I have been looking at videos of Fromme and Seymour, but haven't seen any videos of big mountain steep gnarly stuff. I am a good rider and can shred. Looking to ride some good AM or DH trails. Willing to pedal as well. Any input would be much appreciated, and can return the favor if you ever come down to Seattle area. Thanks.

ups and downs
    There's not really anything Whistler-park like on the North Shore, Cypress is the steep and rocky trail mountain, Fromme and Seymour are more technical than fast and flowy, the epic trails are generally epic for the skinnies and tech terrain. There are a bunch of trails, but Fromme is pedal access to trail heads, there's a limit to how many you can string together before climbing back up Mountain Highway. there are some shuttles on Cypress and Seymour.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks for the advice. I just rode Fromme for the day, and had a super fun time. It was great that I could pedal there from staying at the Hyatt in town. Of course I took the Seabus across, which I though was pretty cool not having to drive to the trails. Great little system for just outside of town.

ups and downs
    North Vancouver may be one of the only places where you see the commuter bike racks on the front of transit buses full of freeride bikes.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Hi. My GF and I will be in N. Van for a few days (Sept. 1-5 and first-time visitors) and wondered if anyone is riding and interested in letting us tag along and/or showing us some local singletrack? I realize there are guide services avail but would like to avoid the $$$ and keep it more friendly and chill. Happy to pay in beer and food, of course! We're from Santa Cruz and always happy to return the favor here locally if anyone visiting.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Go check out North Shore Bike Shop. They can hook you up with a map, and it is really easy to navigate Fromme by yourself. There is always a ton of people riding up there on the weekends. I just started talking to people and they showed me around a bit. Good luck guys!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NWLIFE View Post
    Go check out North Shore Bike Shop. They can hook you up with a map, and it is really easy to navigate Fromme by yourself. There is always a ton of people riding up there on the weekends. I just started talking to people and they showed me around a bit. Good luck guys!
    Thanks ... will check them out. We will be riding T-W-Th before heading up to Whistler. Really looking forward to this trip.